• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #57: Baseball Cards, a Bobble, and a Binder

When: Sunday, March 16th
    Where: Capitol Flea Market
    What: Baseball Cards, Barry Bonds Bobblehead, and 2011 Opening Day Binder
    How Much?: $12

This post wraps up last weekend's sports card shopping spree. If you're bored and wanna see what I picked up... click on the links below:

Friday - GTSM Card Show
    Saturday - Branham High School Flea Market

To bring you up to speed... I spent $86 between those two days and had no intentions of spending much more at Capitol. But the Cardboard Gods decided to test my willpower and presented me with several vendors carrying sports memorabilia. Personally... I think I passed with flying colors.

Halfway through the flea market, I hadn't spent a dime. Then we stumbled across a guy with a box of random baseball cards. I noticed a 1964 Topps Don Mossi and knew I had to at least have a peek.

Purchase #1: Bargain Bin Baseball Cards$3

Anytime I can add eight cards to four different binders, plus have an extra card for a fellow blogger and it only sets me back three bucks... I'll take it.

Purchase #2: 2001 All-Star Game Barry Bonds Bobblehead$3

Do I really need another bobblehead? Probably not. But the price was right and I have plenty of friends who are Giantsfans.

Purchase #3: Binder Full of 2011 Topps Opening Day$6

This is easily my favorite purchase of the day. I won't highlight everything, but I'll tell you this... it include an almost complete set of the MLB Mascots.

Can you guess which card is missing?

Well that's it. I spent more than I wanted last weekend, but at least kept it under $100. I'll be going out again today, however the focus will be enjoying the fresh air and getting some exercise... not spending more money. Wish me luck!

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Love the Mascot cards! Nice haul!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...