Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to collecting & looking for source of hobby packs & other limited cards/sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to collecting & looking for source of hobby packs & other limited cards/sets

It's been 25 years (or more) since I have really collected baseball cards and things have really changed. I didn't even know what a hobby pack was until two months ago and the closest place to where I live to get a hobby pack is 45 minutes away (hour and a half round trip). I see lots of places to get them, including Amazon and Ebay, but would like to find a good online source that has real people with real knowledge of the various cards and sets. Anyone got any recommendations? Any opinions on which packs to buy and which ones to avoid? My son loves getting the modern day players while I like finding the cards to the players I admired and collected as a kid (I'm now in my late 40's). I've picked up some individual cards here and there from the Topps Triple Threads and the Topps Museum Collection, and really like those, but haven't been able to find any packs yet. Tips, suggestions, ideas, appreciated.
    Thanks,
    JDB

I dont collect baseball cards, but I know regular Topps is always a favorite of collectors of all ages. Do you have a Target or Walmart near where you live? They sell retail packs, mini boxes, and factory sets there.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
      I dont collect baseball cards, but I know regular Topps is always a favorite of collectors of all ages. Do you have a Target or Walmart near where you live? They sell retail packs, mini boxes, and factory sets there.

Comment

Try Blowoutcards. They have good deals for both hobby and retail boxes.

Comment

I have found a place that sells on line you might wanna check out. It's called Charm City Cards. I have the same problem where I live and the closest card store to me is 6 hours away. As you do, I also buy most of my stuff from Walmart and Target but now that I found Charm City Cards I go through them a lot as well. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCards70 View Post
            I have found a place that sells on line you might wanna check out. It's called Charm City Cards. I have the same problem where I live and the closest card store to me is 6 hours away. As you do, I also buy most of my stuff from Walmart and Target but now that I found Charm City Cards I go through them a lot as well. Hope this helps.
            Appreciate the tip. I will look them up right now.

Comment

Working...
            X