I Gambled and Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Gambled and Lost

A few weeks back, I noticed a few fellow bloggers writing about Leaf'slatest gimmick involving Johnny Football and decided to join the club.

The concept was simple. Leaf produced Johnny Manzieldraft predictor cards. There were a total of 41 cards made for each NFLteam and if you received the team that drafted Manziel... you could redeem your card for his autograph.

The cards were an eBayexclusive and sold in packs of one for $9.99 (+ shipping). I rolled the dice and picked up three packs for $32.96 ($29.97 + 2.99 shipping). Here's who I received:

By now you've probably heard... the Cleveland Browns completed a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles and grabbed Johnny. Oh so close... but no cigar. Oh well. Three more overpriced conversation pieces added to my collection.

On a brighter note... I recently received my 1996 Topps Laser (Series Two) Bright Spotsset in the mail:

Just like Johnny Football there are going to be fans of this product and people who think it's a little "over the top". Regardless... it's hard not to appreciate the intricate detail put into this product. Here's a closer look at the Derek Jeter:

Toppsanalysts did a pretty good job with Jeter's projections. They were only 16 hits under their prediction and 45 RBI's over.

Okay... it's getting late, I'm getting sleepy, so I need to wrap things up. In short... I struck out with the Manziels... but hit it out of the park with these Bright Spots.

Hope all you are having a great week. Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X