I've Got Writer's Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Got Writer's Block

And it doesn't help that there are a million things on my plate at the moment. With all whining aside... I hope you'll accept my sincere apologies for:

A. Letting three days slip in between my posts. Usually I have three to seven scheduled posts, but right now I have zero. The sad thing is... I don't really have any new ideas at the moment either... except for possibly this weekend's flea market recap.

B. Not reading and commenting on your posts as often as I'd like. I try to read as many as I can during my free time, which explains why some of my comments are in the wee hours of the morning. But right now it's hard to keep up with the 200+ active blogs I follow. I promise all of you that will change as soon as summer school starts.

C. Making a bunch of you wait for your care/trade packages. As of right now, I know I owe: Dennis (Too Many Verlanders), Tom (The Angels, In Order), Tony (Off Hiatus Baseball Card), Zippy (Cervin' Up Cards), Comatoad (Bleedin' Brown and Gold), The Prowling Cat, Matthew (Bob Walk the Plank), T.J. (The Junior Junkie), Mr. Hoyle, Brett (@ CCW), The Big Kahuna (Enough Already), and of course Wes (Jay Barker Fan's Junk).

If I missed anyone... I'm totally sorry. Leave a comment below and I'll add you to the list.

D. Taking longer than usual to reply to the comments on my own blog. I used to love waking up and reading your comments, but lately I've been using that time to read all of your blogs. My normal commenting should resume in two more weeks.

Now onto a more positive note. This week I received two packages in the mail from Too Many Verlanders and Jay Barker Fan's Junk. Here are some of the highlights from their packages.

We'll start off with a package from Dennis who hooked me up with this awesome addition to my Tony Gwynn PC:

This card is awesome for a couple of reasons. First... two of my favorite baseball players are together on one card, which happens to be a small project I'm currently working on. And if that's not cool enough for you, it features one of my favorite baseball teams and Pinnacle's awesome dufex technology.

He also sent a handful of cards for my Stanford, CAL, and SJSUcollections. In fact I didn't have any of the cards he sent, which is totally awesome. Thanks Dennis. As soon as things settle down, I'll send some Detroit Tigers your way.

The next day I received another care package from Jay Barker Fan's Junk. I already owe Wes from a few months ago and have been picking up some Willinghams for his collection. Looks like I'll need to find more. As usual, he loaded me up with some awesome Expos:

A boatload of Japaneseball players...

Some Oakland Athletics...

And San Diego Padres...

A pair of Seahawks...

This awesome Nabby...

And even a few packs of cards.

Thanks Wes! You've gone way overboard again. I think that's the third package you've sent this year. At this rate, I'm never going to be able to make things square. But don't worry... I don't give up that easy.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend. Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Don't worry Fuji- I am behind on keeping up with what Wes keeps sending me, too!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Nice cards Fuji!
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

The guy is insane! Insanely generous. After shipping out some packages yesterday, I discovered he must be rich too. Postage to ship cards is crazy.
        Originally posted by ucffans View Post
        Don't worry Fuji- I am behind on keeping up with what Wes keeps sending me, too!

Thanks!
        Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
        Nice cards Fuji!
        Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X