Flea Market Finds #65: Free Market Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #65: Free Market Finds

On Saturday, I set up in the hot sun sweating my butt off and made a whopping $39 for over eight hours of work. Five of those hard earned dollars went straight into my buddy's pocket as part of our "binders for collector's pins" trade.

The rest was spent on stuff I discovered while walking around the flea market when I was bored.

When: Saturday, June 7th
    Where: De Anza Flea Market
    What: Cards, Comics, and a McFarlane
    How Much?: Not a Penny from my Pocket (see below)

Purchase #1: More '75 Topps Minis$10

Remember the guy who sold me those Postfootball cardsa few weeks back and the box of '75 Topps Minislast month? Well he brought out some more, so I picked them up. They're mostly commons, but I just couldn't pass them up for the price: a little under 5ยข each.

Purchase #2: 2014 McFarlane Rickey Henderson Figure$10

I've cut back on my McFarlane and Kenner SLUpurchases the last year or so, mainly because I'm running out of places to store them. However after seeing this figure, I knew I'd have to make room for it somewhere on my office walls.

It's my first Rickey Hendersonpiece and I really like how they included hats from all of the teams he played with during his twenty-five year career.

Purchase #3: 2009 Allen and Ginter Autograph #TT Troy Tulowitzki$10

I've been wanting to add a Tulowitzkion-card autograph to my collection for a few years now, since he's a Bay Areanative and one of the top shortstops in baseball. Tulo is killing it at Coors Fieldthis year... hitting .500 on the season when he's playing at home.

Purchase #4: Comic Books$4

I don't have the space, nor the time to collect/read comic books... but I had a few extra bucks in my pocket, so I picked these two up at two dollars each.

I grew up watching Battlestar Galactica, so this was a no-brainer. And The Death of Superman was a pretty big storyline back in the early 90's... so I figured $2 was a fair price for the trade paperback.

At the beginning of the day, I entered De Anza with $100 in my pocket and a bunch of stuff to sell. When I left... I had $100 in my pocket, a bunch of unsold items, and a few new additions to my collection.

All in all... a pretty decent day at the flea market as both a vendor and a shopper.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X