Donruss Discombobulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donruss Discombobulation

You would think that after twenty-something years, I'd be able to tell the difference between the 1988 Donruss and 1989 Donrusscard designs. But alas I can't... and so today I'm sharing another epic eBay moment in which I didn't do my homework.

One of my latest interests has been PSA/DNAcertified autographed rookie cards from the 80's and 90's. I have also been wanting to add a Ken Caminitiautograph to my collection for many years.

So when I saw his autographed rookie card on eBay, I added it to my sniping program...

I was pretty excited when the dust settled and I got the email that I was the winner of this auction. I immediately headed over to the listing to pay for my purchase and as soon as I looked at my card a little closer... it felt like I had been punched in the gut.

I can't believe that I didn't notice the 1989 Donrussbaseball card design the first time I read this listing. The whole time I thought I was bidding on his 1988 Donrussrookie card. I guess that makes me an eBayidiot... AGAIN.

I really need to start paying closer attention while browsing eBaylistings. Oh well... at least I didn't end up paying an arm and a leg, like the Clayton Kershawincident.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Technically you could have refused to pay for it and dispute it on EBAY. He falsely advertised the wrong card in the title.

Comment

That's what some people mentioned on my blog. I'll chalk it up as a learning experience and relist it one day (correctly) after I end up picking an autographed rookie card of his.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
      Technically you could have refused to pay for it and dispute it on EBAY. He falsely advertised the wrong card in the title.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X