Fact vs. Fiction: GSNHOF Card Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact vs. Fiction: GSNHOF Card Edition

Fact: Tim over at The Great Sports Name Hall of Fame sent me a nice package of cards that contain some very low serial numbers, several autographs, and a beautiful patch for my Padres collection.

Fiction: I hate patch cards.

Fact: Tony Gwynn and Dave Winfield are the only guys who have played more games in right field for the San Diego Padres in franchise history.

Fact: Brian Giles is in the top ten of almost every offensive statistical category for my beloved Padres.

Fiction: Casey Kelly is the next Jake Peavy.

Fact: Kelly was once a top ranked prospect, but he's been working his way back from Tommy Johnsurgery for over a year now.

Fiction: Arena football is dead.

Fact: The San Jose Sabercats are 4-0 and the cow bells are ringing.

Fact: There aren't a lot of them floating around, but I have a small collection of Sabercatsmemorabilia cards and autographs.

Fiction: I stopped collecting Devin Setoguchi when he was traded to Minnesota in 2011.

Fact: Although I don't go out of my way to purchase Seto... I still enjoy adding cards of him to my collection every now and then.

Fiction: I'm a huge NBA fan.

Fact: I don't really watch basketball anymore, but I definitely happy for the Golden State Warriors and their fans.

Fact: I totally appreciate this awesome care package from Tim.

Fact: I'll be scraping some singles for your cool, interesting, and unique PC's.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X