• Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #85: Will Ferrell & Def Leppard

When: Saturday, June 20th
    Where: Branham Flea Market
    What: Sports Cards and CD's
    How Much?: $18

Purchase #1: 2015 Topps Archives Will Ferrell$5

I typically avoid overpaying on "flavor of the month" sports cards, but this card was too cool to pass up.

Purchase #2: 2015 Topps Archives Base Cards$3

I picked this up off of the same guy who sold me the Will Ferrell. All of the rookie cards and inserts were pulled, however this purchase allowed me to finally get my hands on some ToppsArchives at an affordable price.

Purchase #3: 2015 Donruss Gwynn Tribute Set$2

Do you believe in destiny? I do. Marcus wrote about this setlast Wednesday and three days later... I own it too. This was the third and final purchase from the Will Ferrellguy. I found these in his dollar bin, but he gave me a bulk discount since I already spent a hefty eight dollars with him.

Purchase #4: 1985 Topps Wax Packs$4

There were four guys in a row with cards who knew each other and set up together. There was the non-sports guy on the left. Then the Will Ferrellguy. Next to him was the "high end" and bobble head dude.

And on the far right was the guy with unopened boxes and packs. Most of his stuff was priced too high, but I decided to pick these up for a future Flash(p)ack Fridaypost. Stay tuned to see if I pull a Clemens, Puckett, or McGwirerookie card.

Purchase #5: Compact Discs$4

Once upon a time, I collected CD's too. I haven't purchased any in years, but a few days ago I bought the Goo Goo Dolls Greatest Hits on eBay for seven dollars and some change.

Now normally I don't even bother looking at people's used CD's while walking around the flea market, but I liked the way this guy had his organized in alphabetical order. Plus his stuff was in great condition. He wanted $1 each (not sure if that's a good flea market price or not), but told me that I could have five for $4 or ten for $7.

His selection was pretty awesome, but I already owned most of it. Here's what I ended up finding...

A nice mixture of 70's and 80's rock and pop. My only problem is I'm not sure if I really want to start buying CD's again. Is this a door I really want to reopen? Ugh. The dilemmas we're faced with in life.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X