The Magnificent Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magnificent Seven

Back on March 2nd, 2010... I decided to start this blogin hopes of interacting with others who share the same collecting interests while documenting the hobby I have loved since I was a little kid. Seven years later, I'm still here and along the way I've made hundreds of trades, read and replied to thousands of comments, and have even met a few of you in person.

Time sure flies by when you're having fun.

Today I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to check out this blog... and especially those who have reached out to me by either leaving a comment or sending me an email. The camaraderie among us is truly what motivates me to continue writing.

And since this blog is mainly me writing about the sports cards I love, I decided to show off seven athletes who wore #7 on their jerseys while playing the sport they loved in honor of these past seven years.

Without further adieu... here are my Magnificent Seven:

MLB: Mickey Mantle

1964 Topps Giants

Can't have a list of sevens without this guy on it. I'm pretty sure this is my only vintageMantle... but it's a beauty. This set is one of my favorite vintage oddball sets.

MLB: Ivan Rodriguez

1991 Score Traded #82T

A few weeks ago, I showed off my Ivan Rodrigueztrifecta and mentioned my interest in this card. 1991 Scorebaseball isn't winning any popularity contests... but the reddish-purpleborders goes well with that great action shot of Pudge.

MLB: Craig Bigio

2013 Tribute Autographs #TA-CB

On card autographs are cool. On card autographs of hall of famers are cooler. On card autographs of hall of fame players who spend their entire career with one franchise are the coolest.

MLB: Joe Mauer

2014 Topps Five Star Autographs #FSA-JM

Assuming Mauer stays with the Minnesota Twins his entire career and eventually gets elected into Cooperstown... see the Biggiocomment above.

NFL: John Elway

1999 Finest Leading Indicators #L6

Elway is the Mickey Mantle of the NFL and like The Commerce Comet... I don't own a lot of cards featuring The Duke of Denver. I did manage to find this cool insert, which features heat sensitive ink sitting in one of my binders.

NFL: Boomer Esiason

2012 Crown Royale Silhouette Materials #7

Boomer is one of the bigger football names in my Lefty PC. He's not quite Elway... but he's a lot better than Todd Marinovich.

NHL: Igor Larionov

Rounding out the Magnificent Seven is Igor Larionov. I thought about including Nate Archibald, but when it came down to it... it didn't seem right leaving a San Jose Sharksplayer off of this list. Brad Stuart wore #7 for Team Teal for eight seasons, but The Professor is one of only fourSharksto be elected into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Well... that's it for today. Thanks again to everyone who has ever taken the time to read my writing. You're truly magnificent.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X