A Learning Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Learning Experience

If I had to rank my favorite types of cards to collect, vintage hall of famers are right up there with pack pulled, on-card autographs. Unfortunately, I'm not rich... so condition has never really been a high priority when it comes to purchasing and collecting them.

However after digging through my file folders looking for scans of 60'scards in response to Tony's 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge, I found this:

A few years ago, I picked up this high gradeClemente on COMC for under $100, which I felt was a pretty good bargain. Later I'd learn that an OCqualifier greatly diminishes the value of a card and chalked it up to a learning experience.

Today... I don't regret this purchase in the slightest. Actually... I consider this card to be one of my favorite 60's cards in the collection.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I had never heard of an OC qualifier before this, so thanks for a learning experience on my end too. Personally I am a casual cardboard fan (and a collector on a tight budget!), so while I want cards in good condition, something like your Clemente would certainly be welcomed in to my collection!
    PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

I totally agree with the learning experience. I never knew what the oc was about. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X