Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$10,500 For A Stephen Strasburg Rookie (Sold For $16,403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10,500 For A Stephen Strasburg Rookie (Sold For $16,403)

Check this one out. Crazy what this 2010 Bowman Chrome Stephen Strasburg Superfractor #1/1 card will end up going for. Click on the link below to check it out.

The Stephen Strasburg baseball card that costs as much as a car

What a waste

Comment

Even though its such a rare card and Strasburg is so hot that still seems like way too much money!
      Arizona Cardinals Autos
      Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
      Wrestling Autos
      Wrestling Relics

Comment

I can't remember if paypal will be issuing 1099 this year over a certain dollar amount from transactions from ebay auctions if so...this guy will have a nice little tax bill.

Comment

it's up past 17,000 now!
          sigpic

Comment

I would suspect the owner of the card is bidding this up quite a bit.

Comment

wow, atleast he made the good decesion on his part not to take the $15,000 and let it go higher in a auction
              Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
              sigpic

Comment

To the person that wrote:

Why would he? To make such an accusation, i'm assuming you have facts to prove it?
                First, I said, "Suspect" ...but I do have some facts to back my statement:

Look at bidder: k***e (38). Only 1 bid in the last 30 days and with this seller.
                Look at bidder: Member Id: _***_(354). Only 1 bid in the last 30 days and with this seller.
                Look at bidder: b***1 ( 51). 3 bids in the last 30 days and 2 with this seller.
                Look at bidder: c***c ( 78). 1 bid in the last 30 days and with this seller.

and I can go on...

I find it hard to believe that 3 different bidders on this card has had no bids in the last 30 days and out of the blue decided to bid on this card.

Comment

I checked out the bidding history, and three of the main four bidders have history with the seller with multiple bid retractions in the last 6 months. Hence - shill bidding from other accts. This happens all the time on EBAY.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer View Post
                    To the person that wrote:

First, I said, "Suspect" ...but I do have some facts to back my statement:

Look at bidder: k***e (38). Only 1 bid in the last 30 days and with this seller.
                    Look at bidder: Member Id: _***_(354). Only 1 bid in the last 30 days and with this seller.
                    Look at bidder: b***1 ( 51). 3 bids in the last 30 days and 2 with this seller.
                    Look at bidder: c***c ( 78). 1 bid in the last 30 days and with this seller.

and I can go on...

I find it hard to believe that 3 different bidders on this card has had no bids in the last 30 days and out of the blue decided to bid on this card.
                    The card has made national news (ie yahoo.com) if their was doubt of schilling i think it'd be checked first, its a extremely highend card, i have no doubt the price is accurate, supply and demand....

Also, obviously these guys have lots of cash, i'm not suprised the people dont have many bids, they probably only buy superhighend cards

Comment

Regardless of what people think on which are shilled, the top $15,800 bid sure doesn't look like a shill bid....

But I can't believe it's anywhere close to this price....if he actually gets paid from someone, that's INSANE.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

The EBAY auction ended today. It had 84 bids and sold for $16,403.

2010 BOWMAN CHROME SUPERFRACTOR STEPHEN STRASBURG 1/1

Comment

Some people just evidently have more money than they need. That much for a card of a player that has yet to play in the major leagues (all though it will soon be done) is ridiculous. It will be hard for whoever won the bid to make anything off of that buy in the near future.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                          Orioles Autos I need
                          Baseball HOFers GU I need
                          Orioles GU I need
                          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                          However other offers will be considered

Comment

Imagine what the Chrome auto out of Bowman Chrome will go for

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                            but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Working...
                            X