2010/11 Panini Prestige Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010/11 Panini Prestige Basketball

A new season of basketball is near and rookies like John Wall have collectors waiting to scoop up some fresh cardboard to theirs. Well, looks like around September 29 you will be able to take a shot at Prestige Basketball.

By the box, you should get 2 Jersey cards and 2 Autographs - with one being a NBA Draft Pick #/499 or less. As usual you will find Kobe Bryant Autographs along with a handful of other NBA veterans. It will be interesting to see if you actually get game used Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings stuff - or if its still recycled player worn. Maybe there are sets already that have game used 09/10 Rookie Jerseys - so it might not be all that special anyway.

As a side note - the Parallel Cards usually list a jersey and autograph version. However, typically its only a select number of players within the subset have auto's & jersey cards & LeBron James will never have an autograph in a Panini product while he has a contract with Upper Deck - he does have jersey cards.

2010/11 Panini Prestige Basketball Checklist

Teams: Lakers - Bengals - SF Giants - Pacific Tigers
    Players: Michael Olowokandi - Joe Montana - Tiger -

Thanks for the checklist. I will so be buying a box the first Saturday it releases.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
      Thanks for the checklist. I will so be buying a box the first Saturday it releases.
      For sure - There are more cards to be added I believe - as I have pictures for cards that were not released in the early checklist. Panini also has stated that there will be 20,000+ hand signed autographs in the set. Seems like an upgrade over last years Prestige - and the price is about the same (SRP).

I have a feeling basketball collectors will be surprised to how much Panini has listened to criticism over their 09/10 Products.

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Card Radio View Post
        I have a feeling basketball collectors will be surprised to how much Panini has listened to criticism over their 09/10 Products.
        It's crazy though, haters will always find a reason to hate lol. Last year it was sticker autos. Now this year people are complaining about oversaturation of autos and lowering values. No problem for me though, I hope they bring the value on John Wall autos low enough that I can afford some lol

Thanks for the checklist!!
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Yeah, I've heard the over-saturation complaints, especially for Kobe. However, there really aren't that many NBA players that are big 'hits' because there just aren't as many players compared to the NFL and MLB. I think NBA needs to do a better job at promoting players not named LeBron or Kobe - that would help card values.

Comment

Working...
          X