Hoopography Top 25 Countdown: #16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoopography Top 25 Countdown: #16

Sometimes a card just comes together perfectly. This 1993 Upper Deck 15,000 Point Club Michael Jordan insert isn't the most valuable 90's insert. It also doesn't feature an auto or swatch of jersey fabric. It does however feature a great action photo and a simple, but solid design. That's why this Jordan insert makes it to number 16 on my favorite PC Top 25 Countdown.

I think any basketball card collector has a number of Jordan cards that they consider must haves. This is one of those cards for me. Although not terribly expensive, it took me quite a bit of time to add this one to my collection. It typically sells for right around $10 - $12. You can occasionally find it for under $10 on secondary markets like eBay. Right now there're a couple Buy It Now auctions up for the individual card and the entire 15,000 Point Club Set. Although the book value is $30, the individual card for sale on eBay is a bit high. Lets face it, we all know what book value really means…nothing.

If you're a patient collector, you can add this card to your collection at a very reasonable price. I think it's one of the best overall looking cards in my collection, especially considering there's no auto, foiling, die cut, refractor or relic to rely on. Stay tuned for the next installment of my Top 25 Countdown and… "Enjoy Every Bounce of the Ball"

More...
    sigpic
    Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

While I am a big collector of Auto and Game Used cards, I do enjoy looking at the various 90s inserts since they fill up most of my other cards I have.

They all have something unique to show.
    Chad Swanson
    http://chads333.blogspot.com/
    Facebook name - Chads Collectibles - Feel free to add me as a friend (I have the Bosh/Wade/James picture)
    Collecting Tim Tebow Cards

Comment

Early Upperdeck products had some great insert and subset designs. Some of my favorites were the Award Winning Holograms, 15000 Point Club, and NBA Signature Moves.

Comment

I love auto's and Jersey cards too. They are sooo cool, but I def love a lot of the 90's inserts. Creativity at its best.
        sigpic
        Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

Comment

Working...
        X