Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Peel Or Not To Peel: That Is The Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Peel Or Not To Peel: That Is The Question...

After reading a quick post over on Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius about peeling off the clear protective coating on 90's Topps and Leaf products, I thought it'd be a great question to pose to collectors out in the blogosphere. Do you peel these protective layers off your cards or leave them on and why?

I certainly understand both sides of the debate, but I rather leave the protective layer on the cards. There's just something about that coating on the card that makes the card whole in my eyes. I wont even purchase a card that is missing that clear plastic coating. Here's a few cards in my collection that have the protective coating still attached.
    To Peel Or Not To Peel: That Is The Question… what do you prefer?

More...
    sigpic
    Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

I never peeled the protective sleeves off my Finest cards.

Comment

I don't peel off the 'protective cover' myself, i feel it makes the card worth less if i did

Comment

Do whatever makes YOU comfortable.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

When I have 2 Griffey cards that are identical, I peel one, and keep the other 'whole'.

I love parallels, even if they are self created......... Moooahahahahaha
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
          A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

I did once when I was little just to see what it looks like.. to my surprise... No different!!

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
            but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

I've peeled my PC. The Refractors look a lot better. If I'm looking to "invest" in them, I will leave the peel on the card. I believe that I had heard a long time ago, if you are going to get it graded then you want to peel it. Don't quote me on that and make sure before you do it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
                Do whatever makes YOU comfortable.
                Totally agree, to each their own.
                sigpic
                Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

Comment

Working...
                X