My National Treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My National Treasures

A few weeks ago there was some big convention on the east coast. I wasn't able to attend, but I was able to score a few exclusive cards off the ebay. The thing that I don't really understand is that there isn't a whole lot of interest in any of the VIP and promo cards that were passed out there. Nobody is really bidding on them. I think it's kind of cool to have cards that are associated with an event or a region that you can't pull out of a pack. I must be the only one. I paid more in shipping than I did on any of these cards.

This is a cool VIP set of Panini Crown Royale cards.I'm almost positive that there are only six cards in the set, so it's nice to have them all. You can still pick up a set on the cheap.

I guess that these were the wrapper redemptions that Panini was advertising. They are #'d to 499, 50, 25 and 10. There might be some numbered lower than 10, but I haven't come across them. Can anyone tell me why there are x's in the serial number? I'm guessing that it's because they are promotional, but I don' know.

Chris Johnson is one of the new guys that I'm collecting and I am pretty stoked to be able to get 3 of these Panini-rific parallels . I'm on the lookout for the one #'d to 10, so if you see one available, let me know.

I even got a few hockey guys. I figured they might be good trade bait. We'll see.

I'm pretty happy with the first round of pickups and I'm going to be getting a few more, I'm sure. I know Topps had a VIP pack that might be interesting to have. What do you guys think about promo cards and event exclusives?

More...

It is nice to have since only certain people were able to get them for going to the Nationals. Panini had John Wall's first NBA card and Lebron's first Heat card at the Nationals.

Comment

Working...
    X