See How Easy It Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See How Easy It Is?

Boredom makes me do stupid things sometimes. Those stupid things usually revolve around spending money and for the past couple of years a lot of that boredom money gets spent on cards. Such was the case when I picked up a few packs of 2009/2010 Panini Season Update basketball cards.

This was one of the most "meh" releases I've seen in a while, but I did come across a single card that has really got me thinking lately.

Now this card has a few things going for it. It's a card of one of my favorite players on my favorite team, so it's a winner just on those facts alone. Take a look at the back of the card, though.

Panini knows exactly what game this card is from. How hard can it be for companies to do this more often? I understand that you can't pinpoint every single game a jersey is from, but you can absolutely be more specific than "game used" or "event worn".

What makes this card special to me is that I know exactly what I was doing when this picture was taken and when the jersey was worn. I was sitting in front of the TV watching this game on Christmas when I should have been spending time with my family! I have a personal connection to this card. I don't think I can say that about any other card that I own.

How awesome would it be if you pulled a Patriot card with a swatch from the Snow Bowl ( assuming you aren't a Raiders fan) or a Roy Halladay no-hitter jersey? How about a Brett Farve practice jersey?

Sorry, I was trying to think of a way to get that video in there all day. It was a little forced, I know. You get what I'm saying, though.

More...

I agree it does make the card cooler when you know what game the jersey card in front of you came from.

Comment

Working...
    X