Cheap Cool Cards #7: Shannon Brown autographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cool Cards #7: Shannon Brown autographs

Twenty-five years ago... Shannon Brown was brought into this world by his mother. Little did she know... she was going to deliver a small gift to basketball fans who appreciate the art of dunking.

Mr. Brown is one of the most entertaining dunkers in the game. It is truly amazing how high he gets his 6-4 body off the ground. In fact... it's straight nasty. He may not be the most creative. And he might dunk well under pressure (just watch last year's dunk contest). But... if it's in the middle of a game... and you need someone take flight... I'm not sure there are many who can out hop Shannon. His vertical leap is truly breathtaking. Check it out yourself:

The sweet thing about collecting Mr. Brown is that he's affordable. Just last month, I picked up this Shannon Brown autograph for $1. Sure it's a sticker auto... but it's an autograph nonetheless.

Card:07/08 Upper Deck "Star Signings" #SB
    Beckett Value: $10
    eBay Price: BIN $5.99 (+ $1.95 shipping)
    COMC Price:$8.99

I picked the other autograph up a few months earlier during the summer for $2.

Card: 07/08 Ultra "autoGraphics" #AU-SB
    Beckett Value: $8
    eBay Price: BIN $5.00 (+ $1.75 shipping)
    COMC Price: NA

His prices have gone up a little... due to his popularity with LA fans. His 09/10 UD "Signature Collection" autograph goes for around $20... but that's because he's pictured as a Laker. My suggestion is to search the forums for people who are selling singles. I picked up both of these off of a guy who has a shop on Sports Card Forum.

It might just be worth your time... to pick up an autograph of one of the sweetest dunkers in the game.

Happy Birthday Mr. Brown!

Monday's question of the day:

Who's your favorite dunker of all-time?

No doubt... mine is Spud Webb... but I'll save that story for another post. Have a great week!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Shannon Brown Autos are selling for crazy amounts here in CA. At the local card convention I go to, any Rookie Autos of him are selling for at least 50-75% of book value and customers are buying them. The UD Signature Collection Auto of him is his only Auto in a Lakers uniform I believe. That is selling there for $20 too.

Comment

Working...
    X