Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow: Cards you might regret selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow: Cards you might regret selling

When it comes to the hobby, I'm not much of a seller. For the most part everything I buy, I intend to keep forever, and this is especially the case for Michael Jordan cards. I had never sold a MJ card out of my collection in the 20+ years I've been collecting....until this past week I finally did the unthinkable. It's hard not to notice 90's inserts of Michael Jordan have been on fire for a while now, commanding high prices. I noticed one card that was selling above book value was kind of a forgotten card in my collection. This 96-97 Z Force Slam Cam was just one of many inserts I owned of MJ, but when I saw the prices for them, I decided to bite the bullet and strike while the iron was hot. If I recall, I only paid 20 bucks for this card a few years ago. It was a big decision that I went back and forth with but decided that the money this would bring in would help fund a major purchase I made a couple weeks ago and honestly although it's a cool looking MJ, I felt I could sell it without any regrets as it's not one of my major MJ cards in my collection(easier said than done for me, I'd been nervous putting a 90-91 fleer card of MJ for sale). I listed it on EBay was able to rake in a little over $177, which I was more than happy with, but it is a little sad to lose a card of this caliber, especially when it's Michael Jordan. Maybe things will cool down (I know, not holding my breath, lol) and down the road I will be able to reacquire this card, who knows.

What cards have you sold, that you really didn't want to or ended up regretting selling?

More...
    Chris P
    http://chrisptop100.blogspot.com/

Luckily I havent sold any of my PC cards yet since I have only sold/traded my tradebait stuff. But you did make a lot of money for selling that card. A lot of MJ inserts have gone up in value over the past year. I am sure you can find that card again in the future for a good price so you can get it back.

The only thing I regret selling in the past are cards of players that are not worth that much at that time, then boom their book value skyrockets a few months later. I had a ton of Rookies of Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, and Blake Griffin that I didnt sell for much. 4 months later they quadrupled in book value. Whoops!

Comment

Working...
    X