Flag Football Game at Rowley Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag Football Game at Rowley Park

On Saturday night, Brandon Jennings hosted a flag football game at Rowley Park in Gardena. There was a crowd of about 50 people. Michael Strahan arrived in his Ferrari to show support. If you're a clipper fan, then you would of been happy to see Clipper Darrell.

On the day of the event, Matt Barnes announced that he was going to be participating in the football game as a part of DeRozan's team. Corey Maggette was also announced by DeRozan, so I went prepared with a couple of photos.

AIS vs. Comp10
    Demar DeRozan
    Brandon Jennings played against Demar DeRozan's team. The first team to score 70 points won the game. It was a back-and-forth scoring affair. Brandon Jennings and Matt Barnes each made some spectacular plays on defense.

Brandon JenningsMatt BarnesThe final score of the game was 70-63. Brandon Jennings' team pulled out the victory in the end. Everyone took the game seriously and fought hard until the end. If they aren't going to be allowed to play in the NBA, I wouldn't be against a flag football league.

AIS are now 5-0 and looking for more competition. Matt Barnes wants a re-match.

Brandon Jennings celebratingAfter the game, I had the opportunity to meet all of the players. They were all very nice, took pictures and signed autographs for those who asked.

I want to thank Brandon Jennings, Demar DeRozan, Matt Barnes and Corey Maggette for the autographs. It was great seeing Alex and Harry at the game. If there is another game set up, I'll let everyone know.

Picture credit: Harry Ruiz

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

That is a nice community thing to do.

I loved the pics.

Comment

Working...
    X