PC Spotlight: Run TMC Bobbleheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Spotlight: Run TMC Bobbleheads

This season, the Golden State Warriors are celebrating the 50th anniversary of their arrival to the Bay Area back in 1962. One of their more popular promotions has been a series of bobblehead giveaways that features: Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin... aka... Run TMC.

If you watched basketball in the 90's, then you probably enjoyed watching Run TMC tear up the hardcourt. They might not have as much talent as Lebron, Dwyane, and Chris or as many rings as Paul, Kevin, and Ray... but there's not a doubt in my mind that Tim, Mitch, and Chris are one of the most entertaining trios in basketball history.

Never seen them? Then grab some popcorn, sit down, and prepare to be captivated:

Pretty awesome right? Well... not as awesome as these bad boys...

Tim Hardaway

Given out to the first 10,000 fans at the February 13th game vs. the Phoenix Suns.

Mitch Richmond

Given out to the first 10,000 fans at the March 7th game vs. the Memphis Grizzlies.

Chris Mullin

Given out to the first 10,000 fans at the March 19th game vs. the Minnesota Timberwolves. In addition to handing out these bobbleheads, the Golden State Warriors retired Mullin's #17 jersey number during halftime in a special ceremony that reunited all three members of Run TMC.

Now... my only dilemma is whether or not I bust them out of their cardboard cages. The Warriors fan inside me says "do it, they'll look awesome on the Warriors shelf in our office". But the collector in me says... "keep them sealed... they're collectibles in very nice boxes".

At least one fan has already opened there's up... here's what the look like when joined together:

Decisions... decisions. What do you think I should do?

If you were me, would you open them up or keep them sealed?

For now... I'm keeping them locked in their boxes. But... who knows what the future hold.

Happy Wednesday. Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Those Warrior team were a lot of fun to watch. Nice stuff Fuji.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I'd put them out...Bobbleheads are pretty easy to get back in the box at a later time for collectibility..

Thanks for showing them..I definitely am going to pick up one of those Mullin bobbles..

Comment

Working...
      X