Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Panini Preferred Basketball NBA Trading Cards Box Break Recap and Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011-12 Panini Preferred Basketball NBA Trading Cards Box Break Recap and Review

4 cards, all hits, 3 autos, 1 booklet card, $200.

Normally we don’t bring up price for several reasons. 1 – prices change over time. 2 – the question of value can be subjective. For some $4 a pack is expensive, forothers $200 a box is nothing. Butwith 2011-12 Panini Preferred Basketball we felt it necessary to bring up priceto emphasis the level of the “high risk, high reward” nature of this box.

Now lets move to the bulk of the review, the cards. There are four styles of autographcards you can pull. The PaniniPreferred Signatures that are standard cards with autographs, Panini ChoiceAwards styled after the old Cramer’s Choice Award triangular die cuts, theimpressive Crown Royale Silhouettes and the Crown Royal die cut signature cards. There is also a 6 to 8 swatch bookletcard in every box.

Preferred is unquestionably in our ultra premium cardscategory. Each box contains 4cards, three autographs and one booklet card.

Here are the cards we pulled from our box.

Ekpe Udoh Preferred Signatures #/49, Darryl Dawkins Preferred Signatures #/74

Brandon Jennings Sihlouette Material/Auto #/49

Preferred 7 swatch booklet "Assists" Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul & Rajon Rondo

Overall Look
    We have already established how great the Silhouettes areand the die cut award and Royale cards are also good looking. Normally I don’t have an issue withsticker autos and I understand the production process enough to know how goingall on-card for a product is difficult, but at $50 a card, the non-recessed or framedsticker autos are definitely not Preferred, a real shame in a product thatotherwise is outstanding.

Quality and Variety of Players
    Because of the lockout, there are no rookie cards in this product,which enhances the checklist for me personally. I prefer my high end products to be mainly proven players with established appeal. I am aware that hot rookies can drive a product and bring big money forthose who flip cards, but it increases the risk for anyone who isholding onto these cards long term as the value can spiral downward ratherquickly.

Thrill Seeking Fulfillment and Experience
    The thrill is there for this product with plenty of chancesto hit big cards.

Buyers Remorse or Speculator's Delight
    If you are only planning of flipping these cards you mighthave a difficult time recouping your money unless you buy in bulk to spread therisk which could lead to buyers remorse. But for those who collect and hold,if you understand the high risk nature of Preferred, there is a good chance youwill walk away happy.

Rating

4 out of 5

2011-12 Panini Preferred Basketball has plenty to offercollectors with high upside potential.

More...
    For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
    sigpic

Nice review. Thanks.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
    X