Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The holy grail of my collection has arrived!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The holy grail of my collection has arrived!!!!!

And to think it all started with this....

Just to own a piece, ANY piece of game used memorabilia that arguably the greatest athlete of our time used or wore seemed like a dream never to be achieved. But lo and behold here it was. A small sliver of a game used bat used by Michael Jordan in a baseball game. It's what I could take, it's what I could afford, it was good enough for me. Until this...

Now we're talkin...actual material in a basketball game worn by MJ. Yes it's with the Wizards and is a warm up card, but still a big step up from the tiny sliver of bat. This was awesome. Collection complete....nahh this next card made me collection complete...

It's a plain white swatch but it's a plain white JERSEY swatch. Finally, after salivating and dreaming, I was a proud owner of Michael Jordan GAME USED JERSEY card. Yes, of the Wizards variety again, but hey, there's no way a Bulls jersey would ever be in my possession right??

and on and on it went, with more Bulls Jerseys, and Wizards patches, and Bulls patches. Who would've ever thought it'd be affordable to own over 20 game used memorabilia card of His Airness?? Certainly not me, but me being me, I thought bigger, the cards are cool and all but man what about owning the whole damn thing?? Crazy expensive oh yeahhh, big time, but how could would it be to own a whole actual game used jersey worn by MJ himself...so I made my quest to make this happen. It meant sacrifice as I decided to sell off the majority of my collection, but felt it would be way worth it, to obtain what would be the ultimate holy grail of all holy grails in my collection. On May 6th of this year, my dream became a reality as I did what I thought was unthinkable for me...I won this.....

Yep it's a Michael Jordan 92-93 gamer. Comes with a letter from Billy Paige who is the Director of Merchandise/Product Development for the New Jersey Nets. Won this on Heritage's past auction. Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it, my card collection is gonna help fund the majority of this. Like my posts have said in the past, it's been really hard selling some of the great cards I have in my collection, but if that's what I gotta do for this, it's welllllllllllll worth it!

More...
    Chris P
    http://chrisptop100.blogspot.com/

Congrats! Thanks for sharing a very cool story.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

that is aussome
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
      I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Working...
      X