Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Must Be Whale Season

Because... I've caught another one.

Anyone recognize this? It's a 2000 Upper Deck "Kit Young Hawaiian Conference"autograph set. Each set contained five autographs and one memorabilia card.

Here's a peek at the set:

2000 Upper Deck Hawaii #DR

2000 Upper Deck Hawaii #GH

2000 Upper Deck Hawaii #JN

2000 Upper Deck Hawaii #TS

Upper Deck brought four athletes, representing the four major sports to the conference. Each of them signed 500 cards for the set. It's the first time I've owned a Dr. J, Gordie Howe, or Tom Seaver autograph. So, I'm definitely happy to have on-card autographs of these three hall of famers in my collection.

Once upon a time, I owned a Joe Namath autograph... but I flipped it for some nice money. If you're interested, I wrote about it here. It's nice to have a replacement for the other Broadway Joe.

2000 Upper Deck Hawaii #KYA and KYJH

And finally, there's an autographed card and memorabilia card honoring Mr. Young himself. The completed listings for individual autographs in this set were pretty surprising. The Kit Young autograph sold for more than Dr. J and Tom Seaver autographs.

I'm definitely excited to add this to my collection. It wasn't cheap. I ended up paying $146.50 (+ $4 shipping) for the set.

But I was willing to open up the wallet for a set that's now a centerpiece for my collection.

Happy Tuesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I think you got a good deal on it. Not a bad price for on-card autographs of Legends of the Game.
    --Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff! I was pretty stoked to add this to my collection.

Originally posted by jarends View Post
      I think you got a good deal on it. Not a bad price for on-card autographs of Legends of the Game.
      --Jeff
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the pick-up!!
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment