My Two Day Affair With Topps Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Two Day Affair With Topps Chrome

Ok, so I went a little overboard. Two hobby boxes and a Target blaster of Chrome Football. After the week I had, I needed to have a little fun. Chrome doesn't scan well, so I'll just show you the highlights. I'll start with the best of the two hobby boxes.

Not too bad. The hits fall 1 per box in football and I think if they put 2 hits in each box it would be a total home run. Some good rookies. I collect Bradford and Suh, so that works out. Steven Jackson retro card is pretty cool too. The Tony Pike auto is a refracor #'d to 50 and the Hernandez is a regular unnumbered chrome. I can't be upset about getting a Patriot auto.

Here's some more of the better cards out of the two boxes. I love those retro chrome cards. Really, I liked the base set a lot, so of course Chrome is going to be good. It just seemed to be lacking a little excitement. I couldn't put my finger on it.

But then I opened a retail blaster and I found out where the were storing all the excitement.

Ah, it's the "not an x-fractor" refractor. These cards look great in person. It just adds a little to each pack, you know? The rack packs had exclusive orange refractors that look great, too. I might have to pick some up.

Out of the eight packs in the blaster, I think I did all right. Dickerson and Montana retro rookies and a Patriots refractor? Nice. I was bummed that I didn't get any of the purple refractors. Those look great and I like the idea of a retail exclusive. Of course, when you pull a card like this out of retail, you can't be too upset:

Dez Bryant isn't exactly the #1 player people are looking for, but a a rookie auto refractor #'d to 50 out of retail is probably the best pull that I ever had. I'm not exactly regretting buying two hobby boxes, but I almost wish I would have spent all that money on retail now.

More than likely I'm going to just keep the Patriots and some of the other cards that I like and trade the rest away. If there's any player you're looking for, let me know. I might have it.

More...
Working...
X