Ed Reed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Reed

I collect Ed Reed because he is by far my favorite football player. My grandmother, who used to move to FL every winter, bombarded me with Miami Hurricanes gear as souvenirs. As soon as I became old enough to understand what was going on in a football game, I followed the Canes. Because of this my dad brought home a Sports Illustrated issue with a Canes player on the cover. It was Ed Reed in the iconic orange and Green Canes jersey picking off a pass wearing a crazy visor on his facemask. I thought it was so cool. From then on I wanted to be just like him, and I wanted to play just like him. As a kid I played Safety and Tight End in football. I wore a rainbow visor at every practice (weren't allowed to wear them in a game), and in 2002 when the Ravens drafted him it was a wrap! The Ravens were my team, and they had just drafted my favorite college player. I stumbled across his Contenders RC Auto while at the card shop picking up basketball cards. Bought it for $10. And that was the last day I shopped for basketball cards. From then on only football, and only Ed Reed. I believe my collection is super partly because of the fact that most of the early cards I have I paid only a few dollars for, and they now sell/book for 10x more. Also, the fact that he could very well turn out to be a HOFer, and I just liked the visor

These are some of my favorites (I'm trying to get every card made)

(#/99 paid $10 in 02)

(#/100 paid $1.50 in 03)

(all 3 #/10)

the rest are here:

and here:

^^MY BUCKET^^
    Also looking for: Chris Cooley/Sean Taylor/Chris Leak

You got some really nice cards in your PC. The 2 Triple Thread cards are my favorites.

Comment

That is one NASTY collection!

Kerwin, you are right, those TTT are pretty sweet! I don't know, that might be my favorite product!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Sweet Terp love the All Decade cards.

Collecting: Ray Rice, Micheal Vick, and Jimmie Johnson
        http://photobucket.com/Pee632
        I stay Paypal ready!!!!!

Comment

Simply nice collection, and I will make it a tri fecta, the TTT are NASTY!
          Collecting New England Patriots
          2001 Classics Stadium Star (Authentic Seat Cards)
          Matt Ryan Base RC's and Base RC Parallels
          sigpic

Comment

very very nice collection
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
            X