This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwood's 2011 Topps Platinum 2 Box Break

I hit up WalMart on the way home from work tonight. I bought two Blasters of Platinum. Pretty happy with the way it went.

Got a stack of base to start. No dupes in my base either. Pretty good collation in my opinion.

Here is the other stuff...

Jay Cutler Red
    Joseph Addai Green

Rookies :
    Austin Pettis
    Kendall Hunter
    Jerrel Jernigan
    Daniel Thomas
    Prince Amukamara
    Greg Little
    Lance Kendricks

Rookie XFractors :
    Kendall Hunter (x2)
    Jerrel Jernigan
    Ricky Stanzi

Rookie Green :
    Jeremy Kerley /499
    Cameron Jordan /499

Rookie Die Cut :
    Julio Jones

Bit Hit :
    3 Color Patch Auto Edmond Gates (Barely 3 colors - mostly white, a nice orange piece, and a small corner sliver of what I assume is that Dolphin teal)

Would gladly trade any of these for Patriots from this set. LMK if you have any!

I also got 3 Patriots cards in the two boxes, which all go to my PC...

Tom Brady
    Wes Welker
    Stevan Ridley - RC

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Very nice getting a patch auto. I have busted 3 blasters and no hits. I do have some set needs:
    1,5,7,10,12,14,16,19,21,34,36,37,38,39,43,48,50,52 ,53,54,57,59,64,
    74,86,87,88,91,92,94,96,98,99,107,114,116,119,122, 124,125,126,128,

I can easily come up with Patriots cards to cover for them. Let me know if any match up
    thanks,
    Ken
    Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
    http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

Thanks for sharing your break. Was it suppose to be 1 hit per blaster? If so, what was the other hit?

Comment

Will check tonight...

Originally posted by ctkenjr View Post
        Very nice getting a patch auto. I have busted 3 blasters and no hits. I do have some set needs:

I can easily come up with Patriots cards to cover for them. Let me know if any match up
        thanks,
        Ken
        I will check my stack against what you need tonight bud. Do you have any Pats from this product for trade?

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Actually...

Originally posted by key2win View Post
          Thanks for sharing your break. Was it suppose to be 1 hit per blaster? If so, what was the other hit?
          Nope. These are the blasters, and they only say one rookie per pack. But, last year and this year, I have heard they are loaded with stuff. So, I figured what the hey. ANd got a pretty nice Patch Auto, and was really happy about it.

Comment

I have these for you...

thanks,
            Ken
            I have these for your set...

10, 36, 39, 54, 74, 96, 98, 148

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
              Nope. These are the blasters, and they only say one rookie per pack. But, last year and this year, I have heard they are loaded with stuff. So, I figured what the hey. ANd got a pretty nice Patch Auto, and was really happy about it.
              these arent the type of blasters that have the 1 patch replica per box like the baseball ones u can get at Target,are they?

Comment

Different than the regular topps...

Originally posted by chris_brown View Post
                these arent the type of blasters that have the 1 patch replica per box like the baseball ones u can get at Target,are they?
                No bud. These are different than the Topps boxes where you get the End Zone Icons patch in there. THese are just the normal Platinum Blasters. Just the past couple of years, I have heard there are more GU and Autos in there than any of the other products.

Last year I busted 4 and got 2 Autos. This year busted 2 and got the Patch Auto. Pretty sweet honestly.

Comment

I have a red parallel Welker, Mallett regular rookie and a Shane Vereen xfractor. If you want to do a larger trade, I do have more Patriots from various years, inserts and parallels if you have extra Bears you would trade in addition to the set needs I have.
                  Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

That sounds awesome...

I have a red parallel Welker, Mallett regular rookie and a Shane Vereen xfractor. If you want to do a larger trade, I do have more Patriots from various years, inserts and parallels if you have extra Bears you would trade in addition to the set needs I have.
                    I know at least from 2011 Platinum I have Urlacher and also a Cutler Red Parallel as well. I am sure I could find a mess of other Bears cards. My thing though is I don't have a ton of time to list out stuff. I kind of wing it. I could put a lot of Bears together for you and get you a count, but just don't have time to list it all out. But, I would not need a list from your end either. I just want to get Pats back in trade. Anyway, let's talk through PM and get something larger for a trade put together for sure bud. I will hold these out for you bud, and I will pull out some other Bears. I am pretty sure I have a few Payton vintage that I could throw in there. Would you be able to use any of those? Let's talk through PM. Okay bud?

Comment

excellent, pm sent

my bucket:

Comment

Working...
                      X