I'm an eBay Idiot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an eBay Idiot!

Who: Me... hence the title... I'm an eBay idiot!
    What: I bought an empty box of 1992 Gameday Football cards for $4.99 ($.99 + $4 shipping)
    When: I picked it up a little over a week ago.
    Where: Once again... it's in the title.
    Why: I thought I was buying a box of 1992 Gameday Football cards.
    How: I didn't take the time to read the ad closely and I got what I paid for.

Happy Halloween everyone. I'm a huge fan of this holiday for so many reasons:

A. You get to dress up in outfits you'd never consider wearing on an average day.

Let's see... my last five costumes have been a geisha girl (loved representing my culture, dressing up in drag, and freaking out the kinder kids), Nacho Libre (if I wasn't a teacher, I'd consider being a Mexican wrestler), nigiri a.k.a. sushi (nothing like dressing up as raw fish), Leonardo (he's always been my favorite TMNT, because he wears the blue bandana and sports katanas), and today I dressed up as Russell from Disney's Up. C'mon... think about it. Fuji = short, chubby, Asian guy.Russell = short, chubby, (I'm pretty sure he's) Asian boy. Besides the geisha girl costume, it was my favorite. Sadly... my friends (who dressed up as other Up characters) and I lost out to the ever so popular Angry Birds in this year's Halloween costume contest. But enough crying... let's keep wrap this up.

B. You get to eat candy without feeling guilty.

The holiday is based on eating candy and everywhere I go, people are handing it out for free. I've probably eaten 20 Reece's Peanut Butter Cups in the past week alone. Don't worry... I'm going on a diet starting tomorrow. I had to plump up for my costume.

C. And finally... there's the whole "trick" or "treat" concept.

Give me some candy, or I'll throw eggs at your house. Awesome right? Well... I'm too old for that now... but it's the main reason Mama Fuji had the candy bowl stocked for the neighborhood kids while growing up. Which meant that I got to keep the leftovers.

Okay... back to the point of this post. When I got home from work today, I saw this nice, big package sitting in my mailbox. And I though... sweet... a nice little treat on this special holiday. But after ripping open the package and finding this:

What is it? It's a beautiful empty box... and as you can imagine, I felt a little like I had been tricked. So, I headed over to eBay to read the item description and this is what I saw:

Yep... the item was described perfectly. I just didn't bother to read it carefully, which meant that it wasn't a treat, but I wasn't tricked either. In other words, I got what I deserved.

Tonight's questions are...

What's the best costume you've ever worn for Halloween?

and

Have you ever purchased something off of eBay and realized that you didn't read the item description carefully?

I guess I should be thankful that nobody else wanted this empty box, because I set my sniping program to put a maximum bid of $6 (+ $4.00 shipping). I can't imagine how bummed I'd be if I paid $10 for an empty box.

In the end... I spent $5 to learn a lesson I should have learned years ago. Happy Halloween everyone... Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Sorry to hear about that Fuji. I have been on the other end of that before. 7 years ago I bought one of those Simpsons box sets where they have a Simpsons character's head as the DVD box. I sold that on EBAY and it sold for $5. The buyer wasnt happy about it, even though the title and description said DVD box only (no DVD discs) and gave me a neutral feedback.

Comment

lol... i gave the guy positive feedback... can't justify giving the guy a neutral feedback... it's not his fault that i'm not smart enough to read the listing ;-)
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X