Saturday Night Five: Favorite Wide Receivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Five: Favorite Wide Receivers

Calvin Johnson is arguably the best wideout in the game and Jerry Rice is hands down the greatest of all-time. But one thing is certain... neither of them will be making an appearance on my favorite receivers list anytime soon.

In fact, there's a chance that my list might leave you scratching your heads. Just remember... it's not who I think are the most talented, it's a list of my favorite wide receivers.

Okay, let's start with a few that couldn't crack the top 5:

Honorable Mention:Antonio Freeman, Johnnie Morton, Hines Ward, Tim Brown, Brian Blades, and Lynn Swann (I can't believe I don't own a single Swann card).

Alright... now let's get down to business:

#5 Donald Driver

Driver is in his 14th season with the Packers and is holds the franchise record for receptions and receiving yards. I admire loyalty and Driver has stuck with them through thick and thin.

#4 James Lofton

As a kid, Lofton was my second favorite wide receiver and for many years he held the same Packers records that Driver holds today. He's one of the guys who's featured in multiple PC's: Green Bay Packers and Stanford Cardinals.

#3 James Jones

Jones is currently my favorite Packers receiver, because he's from the Bay Area, went to my alma mater (SJSU), and plays on my favorite team.

#2 Robert Brooks

Leroy Butler may have invented the Lambeau Leap, but Brooks was one of the people who made it popular. Injuries may have cut his career short, but he was a tough guy who always gave his teammates and fans 110%.

#1 Steve Largent

Largent holds nearly every Seahawks receiving record and at his time of retirement was the all-time leading receiver. He was my favorite player when I was growing up and although there are other players who have come and gone throughout the years, Largent is still and always will be my favorite wide receiver.

Okay... your turn:
    Who are your five favorite wide receivers?

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X