Beckett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckett

I have a question regarding Beckett. My question is; "I have a subscription to receive a Beckett magazine (Price Guide) every month".

How would the on line price guide defer from the actuall magazine?

The magazine does not have every single card to price, does the online price guide show every single card?

How much is the online price guide?

I only assume that the online subscription is not just a price guide, but is capable to enter your entire collection as a catalog?

Can anyone who subscribes to the online Beckett recommend the online or actual magazine?

And lastly, am I correct that the online guide is also capable to do a buy or sell scenario with other people whom also subscribes to the online guide?

Thank you to everyone in advance!

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Great Questions Toshi!!!!

i too would like more information on the opg

LOOKIN FOR VACCARO CHROME COLOR AUTOS!!!!

FINDERs FEE OFFERED for Red and Gold Autos!!!!( eBay doesn't count)

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Danduhman113/library/

Comment

The online guide is for all cards. You can catalog your entire collection and it is possible to trade or buy from others on the site. I know it was costing me 8 bucks a month per sport as I only had baseball and football. You can purchase a whole site price guide but I am not sure on the price. I do like it a lot better because it has it's own search engine and your not constantly flipping pages to find one card plus they seem to keep the prices updated on the site also.

Comment

the fb opg runs me around 9 bucks a month. if you buy a year, 6 month, or qtrly sub it runs a little cheaper. i just keep telling myself i'll get it for a month here & there but I always end up renewing b/c new stuff comes out & I feel like I'm trading blind by not having it. They also have a sub where you can get both the opg & mag but seems like overkill to me.
        -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
        http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
        http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Originally posted by cornwellfamily View Post
          The online guide is for all cards. You can catalog your entire collection and it is possible to trade or buy from others on the site. I know it was costing me 8 bucks a month per sport as I only had baseball and football. You can purchase a whole site price guide but I am not sure on the price. I do like it a lot better because it has it's own search engine and your not constantly flipping pages to find one card plus they seem to keep the prices updated on the site also.
          Thank you for the information.

Toshi
          I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Originally posted by bcw716 View Post
            the fb opg runs me around 9 bucks a month. if you buy a year, 6 month, or qtrly sub it runs a little cheaper. i just keep telling myself i'll get it for a month here & there but I always end up renewing b/c new stuff comes out & I feel like I'm trading blind by not having it. They also have a sub where you can get both the opg & mag but seems like overkill to me.
            I just might sign up for it! Thanks for the info!

Toshi

Comment

I highly recommend the opg. I am strictly football collecting as you are and pay $9 a month. they draft it from your bank acct. The Organize tool is worth the money by itself IMO. I have all my Cowboys/Irvins/Football PC and other sets set up into separate folders. It keeps track of value/Auto/GU/MEM/RC in your collection. You can set the preferences to how you collect whether you want to keep track of wanted cards, cards you have, or cards you want to trade/sell.
              The price guide itself is a very nice tool for us as well.. it has every card made (even those phone cards Asset and 7-11 produced in the 90's) and has value of graded cards also if that particular card had been graded by Beckett themselves. The search feature is pretty sensitive and if you want to look for a specific card you may have to alter the entry a few times to find the exact card. sometimes I have to be very vague in the description and scroll through the list to find the one I'm looking for. It is very easy to use, though. It does have a trade/buy/sell section as well but I do not recommend using it as a primary source of getting cards you want. The listings do not have pictures and some of the sellers don't care about ratings like eBay so will send cards in horrible packaging. They are adding new features to the site as we speak and they seem to be pretty cool. One is if you have a rare card (/15 or /10 or lower) and want to know its value you can send it in and have it appraised. They have all the forms and instructions on the site for you to send to them.

I think the most valuable aspect of the opg is the money you can save on purchasing cards from the secondary market by using it as a reference so you don't get ripped off. I use it on all cards I buy from eBay so I can find the best deals.

I really think you will like it.. maybe try it for a month and see. you will be amazed at how many cards are really out there and how much some of the rare inserts can list at that you thought might not be valuable.

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
              LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

Originally posted by 90sTriplets View Post
                I highly recommend the opg. I am strictly football collecting as you are and pay $9 a month. they draft it from your bank acct. The Organize tool is worth the money by itself IMO. I have all my Cowboys/Irvins/Football PC and other sets set up into separate folders. It keeps track of value/Auto/GU/MEM/RC in your collection. You can set the preferences to how you collect whether you want to keep track of wanted cards, cards you have, or cards you want to trade/sell.
                The price guide itself is a very nice tool for us as well.. it has every card made (even those phone cards Asset and 7-11 produced in the 90's) and has value of graded cards also if that particular card had been graded by Beckett themselves. The search feature is pretty sensitive and if you want to look for a specific card you may have to alter the entry a few times to find the exact card. sometimes I have to be very vague in the description and scroll through the list to find the one I'm looking for. It is very easy to use, though. It does have a trade/buy/sell section as well but I do not recommend using it as a primary source of getting cards you want. The listings do not have pictures and some of the sellers don't care about ratings like eBay so will send cards in horrible packaging. They are adding new features to the site as we speak and they seem to be pretty cool. One is if you have a rare card (/15 or /10 or lower) and want to know its value you can send it in and have it appraised. They have all the forms and instructions on the site for you to send to them.

I think the most valuable aspect of the opg is the money you can save on purchasing cards from the secondary market by using it as a reference so you don't get ripped off. I use it on all cards I buy from eBay so I can find the best deals.

I really think you will like it.. maybe try it for a month and see. you will be amazed at how many cards are really out there and how much some of the rare inserts can list at that you thought might not be valuable.

WOW! Thank you so much to the tutorial! That is absolutely amazing! I'm SOLD! Now I have to ask Mrs. Toshi if I can get this! I'll just have her read what you just wrote!

Comment

Working...
                X