Robert Woods Signing Recap at Sbaycards with DSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Woods Signing Recap at Sbaycards with DSC

My local card shop, South Bay Baseball Cards, hosted USC All-American wide receiver, Robert Woods, at their shop yesterday. I was invited by Mike from Deluxe Signature Collection, whose team made the event exciting. I hadn't been to a signing in over a year and forgot how great it is to meet athletes.
    I arrived about 15 minutes before Robert Woods was scheduled to sign. When Robert arrived to the shop, DSC made an introductory for him. It was like he was making an entrance into a wrestling ring which was cool because not many signings that I've been to actually do stuff like this. The players just walk in and begin signing.

Since I'm a UCLA fan, I didn't have any items at home for Woods to sign for me so I decided to buy a USC mini helmet from sbaycards. There were also 8x10s, USC footballs, Buffalo Bills footballs, and Buffalo Bills mini helmets available for purchase.

I brought up his Serra high school days since he played against my alma mater while I was in high school. He laughed and could tell he definitely remembers destroying us.

After getting my item signed, DSC authenticated the mini helmet by putting a sticker on the back of the helmet. They gave me a card with another sticker that allows me to check my item online.

Throughout the entire event, DSC were raffling away items for fans who purchased an autograph. They kept the customers entertained and ran a smooth event. Blue Chip Talk was in the house broadcasting live. I left around 2 pm so I wasn't able to hear the interview with Robert Woods until this morning on their website.

I want to thank Scott, Mike, the DSC staff and the sbaycards staff for having me the event. I had a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again. Be on the look out for a MLB and NBA contest in the near future.

Plus a big thanks for Robert Woods for being a class act. Good luck in Buffalo.

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

That sounds extremely exciting! I wish all shops did something like that! I'm sure you had fun.

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
    X