For the Holidays...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Holidays...

I'm putting up this thread so that members can tell us your favorite Christmas memory concerning football cards. I came up with the idea while thinking about the holidays, and I remembered a story and thought everyone else might like to share one of theirs.

I got a few boxes of Topps 2008 base one year, and I pulled a Jordy Nelson rookie jersey card. Well, my little brother, upset that he didn't get any cards, came crying to me, I gave him that card. Well, Jordy took off, and that card got ripped up.

JD
    Always looking for Philip Rivers that I don't have, Luke Kuechly, and a RC of a player that I do not have between 2006-present.

*Philip Rivers Thread*
    http://community.cardboardconnection...st-thread.html

My collecting started almost a year ago. December 15, 2012 to be exact. Prior to this, I have been providing for my family just like every forum member currently is. All of my earnings were to ensure that our bills were paid and my two children got everything needed to further their education. And of course I made sure Mrs. Toshi was taken care of. I've just recently retired due to a work related injury, and needed to find something that could help me therapeutically as well as just some plain old fun.

Christmas for me was the joy of watching my families faces with excitement and celebration. I've always encouraged my children to understand that they are very lucky, although we were not rich, I was able to make sure that they got everything they needed. Both my children also worked very hard in school and had to dedicate a whole day in chores. From grass cutting, mulch, cleaning out the gutters, scrubbing the toilets, cleaning the kitchen, dust, vaccum, mop, laundry, and whatever else I could find. I taught my son to do an oil, radiator, brake fluid flush, and brake job on any car. They are now volunteering their time during the holidays by running food and clothe drives at their place of employment.

My so called experiment with my children has truly paid off. My daughter whom is on the Deans List at Kent State University is excelling in her major. She has moved out own her own and realized that what I made them do from a very early age was for their benefit. Her biggest issue and question was; "Dad, how in the hell did you find time to get all of this done"? As I've preached time and time again; "To be successful in life, just move a little faster than everyone else"! She'll get it soon. My son has recently made me a grandfather. He has had to grow up very quickly, we men tend to take some time in the maturity process. Truly, time flies when your having fun in life.

Anyway, this past Christmas was one that I will never forget. My daughter and her boyfriend Brett, purchased several 2012 Topps Chrome and Platinum Blaster boxes. Mrs. Toshi purchased my very first "Hobby Box", 2012 Panini Certified of which my big hit was a Doug Martin team name die cut and auto prime. I said out loud "Who is Doug Martin"? Oh well, the card looks really nice. Then my final gift was from my son, he purchased a 2012 Topps Triple Threads of which my hits were a Egnew and Quick auto relic. The card I loved the most was the Matt Ryan Gold triple relic 18/18. There were several sepia cards of Polamalu and Ryan.

Remember my fellow members, hold Christmas in your heart and soul throughout the year and carry and live the message of a man whom has gone to his father by way of crucifiction. This individual whom lived some 2014 years ago truly dedicated his life and teachings. His final act of humility was to make a self sacrifice so that we all can take the time and remember not who he was but what he stands for. We are to treat everyone as our brother and sister. Mother and father. Don't ignore someone when they say rude things to you, tell them you understand that everyone has their bad and good days. We are all alive here and now. This is what the holidays are meant for no matter what god you choose in what language, the road might defer, but the end result of the path leads only to one point of our destination. This is our destiny.

Since my travels the world over, I found a very interesting thesis that I would like to share.

It is said and believed that our universe has gone through the Big Bang explosion many a times. It continuously goes through this process, and we continue to go over our lives again and again. The teaching is that this is your only one chance for you to make things right. The only chance! That way when another Big Bang cycle restarts, you will be that much more closer to your goal. Remember carefully, our goals and paths might defer, but the end of our trip is constant!

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
    X