crown royal hobby find at fred meyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crown royal hobby find at fred meyers

went to see my friend an hour an a half away i stopped in at fred meyers cause they always have alot of cards that wallmart by me doesnt carry i was surprised to see hobby boxes of 2008-2012 topps baseball series 1 and 2 for 39.99-49.99 then i spotted mini hobby boxes? of 2013 crown royal football i know normal hobby boxes promise 4 hits these boxes were 4 packs with 5 cards per pack and promised 2 autos or game used and were only 39.99 so i had to get one

i got a /49 auto
    /99 game used triple
    /25 parallel
    2 /299 parallels
    a triangle insert
    4 rookies base
    11 vet. base

1 pack even had 6 cards so i got 21 cards total below is a link to my album i made to show the finds.

Crown Royal Finds Photos by vw-wl-collector | Photobucket

Nice break! I am a huge Crown fan! How do you like 2013 Crown Retail? Was the it cost prohibitive? Will you purchase the hobby version, or purchase more retail Crown?

I read about 2013 Crown Royale on CBC that came out approximately a month ago and on Knights Lance. I was shocked by what I saw, your break proves this. The retail is built and produced like the hobby version, with one exception, cost.

Mrs. Toshi and I blindly purchased the 2012 retail Crown Royale Blaster Box ($19.99) besides the inserts, it looked like a totally different product and we were not impressed. Of course she pulled a RGIII patch card. I just can't figure her out! We then swore off Crown. The hobby shop that we frequent, had single packs, we bought one and were blown away.

I'm glad Panini made the decision to somehow mimic the hobby version albeit, it affected the cost. I don't know if the retail cost will affect it's sales or not. I do know that when the 2014 products roll out, I'll be first in line!

Congratulations on your wonderful break. It's members like you whom share their new box/blaster breaks that give other forum members a first peak at what the product entails. This facet of the hobby which was unheard of 5 years ago now makes it possible in our digital age.
    Last edited by hayn; 03-08-2014, 08:43 AM.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

i wont buy retail crown royal cards they look stupid. but when i saw these i was like sure why not i thought 2 hits and all hobby cards for 39.99 was a good deal

crown royal was what i collected as a kid i have several complete sets from diffrent years. but when i was a kid retail and hobby looked alike now only hobby is worth it

Comment

Working...
      X