any info on this? 2013 topps platinum auto ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any info on this? 2013 topps platinum auto ribbon

i found this 2013 topps platinum auto die cut military camo ribbon of tavon austin in a 20$ blaster box at wal-mart on the box and the back of the packs it says this card is suposed to be serial numbered.

however all of these ribbon inserts auto and non auto were errors all of them said rc even last years rcs and non of the autos were serial numbered.

does anyone know what this card was suposed to be serial numbered out of?? ive heard many rumors that this card is /5 and some that it is /10 any info would be appreciated
    Attached Files

i do know that this card is rare as it has no listed book value and i think they only do that if there is less then 25 made

Comment

Originally posted by powerjdm View Post
      i do know that this card is rare as it has no listed book value and i think they only do that if there is less then 25 made
      Not necessarily. Sometimes a card won't have a listed value if there isn't enough sales data. A few of my autos didn't have BV's for a long time, even after the product had been out for months.

It looks like there still isn't a BV on Beckett online for this card, but I don't think it is supposed to be serial numbered. None of the big rookies from this set have serial numbers listed online, and none of them have production serial number runs when you look at the detailed card info.

If you are absolutely looking for a value, you could look the card up on eBay and see what others have sold for. It won't be a BV, but it would give you a starting point.
      PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

Most likely these things have around a $25-$80 depending on players. And as dru said they do not have a serial # for these cards they are just a die cut base auto bro, still a good card none the less.
        http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

on the back of the packs it has a * stating its a serial numbered insert but none came out serial numbered i was told that it was a production error that affected all of the auto versions with all the players just as all the non rookies are labled rc on the front of the cards

Comment

Hmm, weird... Especially if it hit the entire production run without being caught... And by now it is probably too late and too expensive for Topps to want to fix it. I haven't heard anything about this insert set specifically, but it doesn't seem like it would be a /5 or /10. I'd imagine it as more like a /99, maybe a /49.

You could always try and get in touch with Topps and see if they will fork over any info, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It would be a cool error if it hit only your player / card, but with it affecting the entire line, it doesn't do much for value.

Good luck trying to get some information!
            PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

i will call topps tomorrow and let you know what i find out

Comment

Working...
              X