Is There Sub-set Upside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Sub-set Upside?

Since I'm new to the game again after a long hiatus I'm curious about the sub sets that all these producers offer and what their upside potential is? Is it worth buying certain brands because some of the rookie sub sets will take off in 5-10 years, or are those to be viewed strictly as a fun set to collect your favorite player on, etc? I'm just curious on a rookie say like Eddie Lacy, his value is quite high now, say I got an Elite Hardhats of him, is there much chance that it will be worth more in 5-10 years?

Initially I'd have to say no, that cards like that are peaked out in the first year or 2, with the exception being if someone turns into the best of all time. Say like a Peyton Manning or Lebron James where if you have some unique rookie cards they could have larger value 10-20 years down the line.

Just curious what others think and if I should try to collect certain sub sets and players or is it like chasing the white whale as someone else mentioned a few days ago?
    I collect mostly Packers & Texans; Rodgers, Lacy, Boykin, Cobb, Woodson, Montee Ball, JJ Watt, DJ Swearinger, Clowney

10 year old collects Seahawks, Wilson, Sherman, Michael, Lacy, JJ Watt, Crown Royale jersey and autos

6 year old collects Packers, Panthers, Rodgers, Lacy, Cam Newton, Kelvin Benjamin and Tre Mason is new PC

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/ab...?sort=3&page=1

I think you kinda answered your own questions here... Unless a rookie really turns in to someone special, chances are their cards are going to top out in a short amount of time. Of course, there are some that are exceptions to this, including some sets.

While I am sure that some sets are going to be worth more than others, and complete sets will command even more, I personally would only collect something that is fun or interesting. Unless you have a lot of money, it's pretty hard to continually flip cards / sets, so I say go for the fun!
    PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

Working...
    X