No announcement yet.

2014 Topps Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2 Prime cards I have taken out of the wrapper since they are normal size. I have left the Prestige in the wrappers since I don't have penny sleeves that size.
    Back in the mid-90's Playoff Gameday had cards similar in size. I think they have sleeves and top loaders for them, just a little more expensive since they are non-standard. I have a large box topper from hobby Prestige that I opened to see who it was (foil wrapper). That one I can put in a protective page/binder.

Originally posted by hayn View Post
    Still, I think and feel that that is a very nice box topper you pulled with the Manziel. Are you leaving it in the cellophane wrap unopened? I have been doing so. I have three Prestige and three Prime box toppers unopened and each placed in an individual team bag. The Prestige box toppers are a little larger in length hence, I placed those in graded card sleeves.

I then placed all six box toppers in a eTopps ziplock bag. It seems to do the trick. What are your thoughts on preserving the box toppers? Sealed, unopened or opened? If open, how are you storing them, especially the Prestige box toppers? LMK.

Toshi
    I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies
    (Manziel, Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Ryan Swope, Sean Porter, Luke Joeckel, Damontre Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Cyrus Gray, Jeff Fuller, Martellus Bennett, Stephen McGee, Goodson, Jerrod Johnson, V. Miller, Acie Law, DeAndre Jordan, Antoine Wright, Justin Ruggiano, etc.).
    Email: rbredskin@windstream.net

Comment

Are you attempting in creating a complete set with the 2014 Topps Prime? If so, I have several doubles of rookie cards available for you. I also will go through my veteran set and see what doubles I have. I will send you a list via this thread of what is available.

Thank you,

Toshi
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Doubles

To RBRedskins,

Here is what is available for your use,

Veteran:

3, 4, 5, 10, 12, 14, 20, 21, 23, 27, 29, 30, 31, 35, 36, 38, 44, 46, 50, 52, 53, 56, 61, 68, 70, 71, 74, 77, 80, 81, 87, 89, 91, 94, 95, 97, 98, 99.

Rookie:

103, 108, 111, 117, 121, 122, 127, 131, 132, 134, 140, 146, 147, 149, 150.

LMK!

Your friend and fellow forum member football card collector,
        Toshi
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Toshi,
          I ordered a box of Prime hobby along with a couple of 2013 boxes for some weekend fun. Once I open the Prime, I will know what I need, which hopefully won't be to many more (unless of course the hobby ends up being different from retail in some way). Either way, I will let you know this weekend.
          Thanks, Rob

To RBRedskins,

Here is what is available for your use,

Veteran:

3, 4, 5, 10, 12, 14, 20, 21, 23, 27, 29, 30, 31, 35, 36, 38, 44, 46, 50, 52, 53, 56, 61, 68, 70, 71, 74, 77, 80, 81, 87, 89, 91, 94, 95, 97, 98, 99.

Rookie:

103, 108, 111, 117, 121, 122, 127, 131, 132, 134, 140, 146, 147, 149, 150.

LMK!

Your friend and fellow forum member football card collector,
          Toshi
          I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies
          (Manziel, Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Ryan Swope, Sean Porter, Luke Joeckel, Damontre Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Cyrus Gray, Jeff Fuller, Martellus Bennett, Stephen McGee, Goodson, Jerrod Johnson, V. Miller, Acie Law, DeAndre Jordan, Antoine Wright, Justin Ruggiano, etc.).

Comment

Does anyone have a photo variation list on these yet? I am looking for one and have yet to find it. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

Tim
            http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

I'm just getting around to checking out your thread.

WoW, awesome break for the both of you....of course you get a Carey hit!! You always pull my guy!!!

As you can imagine, please check me for that Carey if its is available....I think I'll just depend on you for pulling all my U of A guys in the future!!

Great stuff bud!
              Currently looking for:
              Football: The Gronk!
              Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
              Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
              + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
              Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
              http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Here is a link. BTW, got your cards out this morning.

2014 Topps Prime Football Variations Guide

Originally posted by tsands11 View Post
                Does anyone have a photo variation list on these yet? I am looking for one and have yet to find it. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by tsands11 View Post

Tim

CBC has a article in regards to your question. It also has it separated in veteran and rookie categories. I hope this helps.

Toshi

Comment

Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
                    I'm just getting around to checking out your thread.

WoW, awesome break for the both of you....of course you get a Carey hit!! You always pull my guy!!!

As you can imagine, please check me for that Carey if its is available....I think I'll just depend on you for pulling all my U of A guys in the future!!

Great stuff bud!
                    Thank you for the encouraging and kind words, for now, I'd like to hang on to the Carey. But if at anytime I get my fill on the Carey, I'll just send it out to you just like I did with the Press Pass Carey low numbered insert. Mrs. Toshi said that it would be her pleasure to pull Ka'Deem Carey cards for you for a finders fee! LOL!!!

Toshi and Mrs. Toshi

Comment

Originally posted by RBRedskin View Post
                      Here is a link. BTW, got your cards out this morning.

2014 Topps Prime Football Variations Guide
                      Thanks man, and your cards will be shipped out tommorow buddy. I didnt make it to the post office today in time.

And I just checked, I hit a C.Patt variation in that box as well ( him posing with pink wristband). Dont think that was a bad $20.00 spent on this box. Last year I baught 3 blaster and didnt hit anything, so I refused to by any last year besides hobby. Being low-mid end cards that do not cost over $75.00 for a 4 hit box.
                      Last edited by tsands11; 09-29-2014, 09:09 PM.
                      http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

toshi, I have followed this thread and tried 2 blasters. one from target and pulled a bishop sankey quad jersey/auto piece. and from the one at walmart I pulled a Jordan Matthews quad jersey/auto piece.
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                        I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Nice fuser, It seems like this year in prime they are ticker stock then last year, and you can hit any jersey/auto/relic in retail besides Gold parallels which are hobby only. I like this because it gives some of us that may not be able to afford $100+ hobby boxes atleast the opportunity to get a half way descent hit. And the Bishop is a rather good rookie jersey/auto to hit in any product atm.

Comment

thanks, I agree the thicker stock is a big improvement over last year and hitting the auto's is bonus as I cant always get near a hobby shop for hobby boxes
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                            I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Thank you for the encouraging and kind words, for now, I'd like to hang on to the Carey. But if at anytime I get my fill on the Carey, I'll just send it out to you just like I did with the Press Pass Carey low numbered insert. Mrs. Toshi said that it would be her pleasure to pull Ka'Deem Carey cards for you for a finders fee! LOL!!!

Toshi and Mrs. Toshi
                              Sounds good buddy! Be assured you'll get a nice package when your ready to release that Carey....i owe you big time, I've just been waiting for you to see something of mine you like. I'll just have to put something together for you when I get your return Addy next time.
                              Have a good one bud!
                              Last edited by azdbacks1998; 09-30-2014, 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling
                              Currently looking for:
                              Football: The Gronk!
                              Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                              Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                              + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                              Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                              http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Originally posted by fuser View Post
                                toshi, I have followed this thread and tried 2 blasters. one from target and pulled a bishop sankey quad jersey/auto piece. and from the one at walmart I pulled a Jordan Matthews quad jersey/auto piece.
                                WOW, and WOW fuser!!!

For just the cost of two blasters you were able to pull two RPA's just like that? Amazing! Make sure you double check to see if you've acquired any SP's. My SP of Dez Bryant (I have both the base and the SP, is going for $9.99 BIN on eBay) it seems the SP's are holding their own ground.

I'd like to also point out that if you or any other forum member for that matter enjoy the inserts, pick up the rack packs. They seem to load up the rack packs with at least a minimum of two to three inserts. How do you like the full bleed action photo shots? I think they are so retro and cool to say the least. It reminds me of my 1991 and 1992 Topps Stadium Club sets.

Finally what do you think of about the car stock? In 2012 and 2013 Topps Prime and Strata for that matter had issued their retail versions with thin card stock at 35pt. 2014 is the first time in that the card stock is pushing the limits of base cards up to a 75pt. card stock. This is what the hobby edition offers, in 2013 Mrs. Toshi finally purchased two singles of 2013 Topps Prime, it was this purchase that made an impact on me in regards to Topps Prime. I wanted to purchase a 2012 Topps Prime yet when I saw the cost of one, it became cost prohibitive to do so. I know 2013 Prime is inexpensive and 2014 Prime is just ten dollars more. This is one product I'd consider purchasing as a hobby box. For now I'll wait to see what kind of hits RBRedskins gets from his 2014 Topps Prime Hobby Box!

Thanks for sharing,

Toshi

Comment

Working...
                                X