The Hokie Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hokies by the Letters - The C's - part 1

This week I am starting out with those players with a last name beginning with a "C".

First up is Rashad "Roc" Carmichael - He was picked up by the Texans in the 2011 Draft. He is currently listed as a Cornerback on the Cardinals squad. He has spent time with the Eagles as well.

This is the only card of his I have.

Next up is Keion Carpenter. He was signed as an undrafted player by the Bills in 1999 and was traded to the Falcons in 2002. From Wikipedia he is one of the few players to have spinal fusion surgery and return to football!

2003 Topps Total

The next player is Kam Chancellor, Strong Safety for Seattle and part of the Legion of Boom. Kam was drafted in the 5th round of the 2010 NFL draft.

2014 Topps

Score 2014

Valor

Rookies and Stars

Panini insert??

Next Up is Ike Charlton. Charlton was drafted in the 2000 draft by the Seahawks. After bouncing around the NFL he found more success north of the border. He is currently a Coach in the CFL

2000 Bowmans Best

2000 Elite

2000 Limited

Eugene Chung was a first rounder picked 13th overall by the Patriots in 1992. He went to the Jags in the 1995 Expansion draft and spent one season with the Colts.

He is currently with the Chiefs coaching staff

1992 Courtside Draft

1992 Star Pics

1992 Collectors' Edge - I think this was their debut year

1992 ProLine Portraits

Auto version

1992 Classic Draft TTM Auto - THANKS BRETT!!

Topps

Stadium Club

Stadium Club Super Bowl embossed

-Le - ledizaster@gmail.com
    sigpic
    I collect Former Va Tech Players in all sports.

Football - Antone Exum, Kyle Fuller, Corey Fuller, Logan Thomas, Bruce Smith, Michael Vick, David Wilson, Antonio Freeman, Victor Harris, Brandon Flowers, Eddie Royal etc

Baseball - Mike Williams, Franklin Stubbs, Jesse Hahn, Joe Saunders, Brad Clontz, Kevin Barker, Wyatt Toregas - Major or Minor Leaguers!

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/87hokie/library/

Comment

Hokies by the Letters - the C's - Part 2

Eugene Chung continued

Members Only variant

Collectors' Edge President's Reserve - a very cool card.

Next up is David Clowney - Drafted by the Packers in the 2007 Draft.

He was last in the CFL in 2014.

2007 SAGE Hit

Auto

Topps Rookie

Topps Total

Bowman Chrome rookie

Sterling auto rookie

SPx auto rookie

Topps Magic auto

Next up is Danny Coale - drafted by the Cowboys in round 5 in 2012. He is currently listed as with the Steelers.

2012 Limited

2012 Rookies and Stars

2012 Elite rookie auto

Last up are a couple from Ray Crittenden.

Ray went undrafted in 1993 but was signed by the Patriots where he played 44 games.

That's it for the C's - Thanks for stopping by.

Later
      sigpic

Football - Antone Exum, Kyle Fuller, Corey Fuller, Logan Thomas, Bruce Smith, Michael Vick, David Wilson, Antonio Freeman, Victor Harris, Brandon Flowers, Eddie Royal etc

Baseball - Mike Williams, Franklin Stubbs, Jesse Hahn, Joe Saunders, Brad Clontz, Kevin Barker, Wyatt Toregas - Major or Minor Leaguers!

Comment

Love the new plan of attack bud. Are these all the cards you have of each player, or just a highligted few that you are 'showing' off?

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

These are only a few of each player - since some of these guys were rookies during the era of parallels - I have tried to "show off" some base some parallels and some autos and jerseys...Also I have covered some of these guys with some oddballs or vintage in previous posts. I am trying to show some variety and not necessarily be an exhaustive all inclusive type venture...

But believe it or not I STILL run across cards I need!! and not just current issues - I mean stuff that I didn't know about when I was on the hunt the first time through...

With the per post limit of 20 images and the glitches I run into on PB - I feel like the "deadline" for getting a post completed once started is somewhat like being "on the clock" at draft day!!

I have been running PB in Firefox lately and it runs a bit smoother but then I get to jump from browser to browser...
          sigpic

Comment

I re started collecting in 1991 - and began focusing on Hokies by 92...I have been pretty steady since.
            sigpic

Comment

Hokies by the Letters - "D" Hokies!!

Starting off it needs to be pointed out that Carroll Dale was covered in my earlier "vintage" post...for those of you playing along at home>

Thank being covered the D's start out with Andre Davis.

Andre was picked up by the Browns in the 2nd round of the 2002 Draft.

He played 9 seasons in the NFL - other than the Browns he spent time at Buffalo, New England and Houston.

Here is his 2002 Press Pass card

Autographed version

Press Pass Jersey card

Press Pass Jersey Edition base

I think this is from the Jersey Edition of Press Pass---

This cool Topps Debut rookie sig is sharp and on card too!

An Oddball I found in a binder I had in the attic --- a Cool pick-up from the early days of Ebay---

I have never been to The National - do they still make lanyard cards like this??

2002 Playoff Honors Hidden Gems - a very cool cards and way innovative at the time - the card is a sleeve with the window die-cut into it - the swatch slides out of the sleeve (it has been glued to cardboard) and features an autograph! I have updated this post with a photo of the unsleeved auto!!

2002 Elite -

I love cards that feature more than one Hokie - always way cool!

2002 Rookies and Stars - FACE MASK - -

2002 Fleer Flair - Franchise Tools

Upper Deck 2002-03 Super Stars dual

2002 Playoff Honors Rookie Tandem

2002 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia - Rookie Premiere Materials

Topps Debut Collegiate Classics

Last edited by 87hokie; 05-19-2015, 08:46 AM. Reason: photo additions
              sigpic

Comment

More of "D" Hokies - Davis continued

Continuing with more from Andre Davis:

2002 eTopps

This was a bizarre concept from the start - buy cards from Topps - They hold them in a vault - untouched, uncirculated in their sealed holder/slab. Buy them/sell them/ trade them but never HOLD them - man that is just too much- Anyway this card was picked up on Ebay cheap from someone who had them "in hand"(shipping was reasonable too) Anyway I guess I am just too hands on to want to own a card that is held in my name by someone else...

While the concept is odd the cards are sharp!!

2002 Ovation World Premiere Rookies

2002 Piece of History - History in the Making

Topps gallery

Prime Signatures

There for a while Beckett was inserting sample cards in their price guides -

Topps Pristine

Upper Deck

Fleer Tiffany version

2003 Fleer Box Score

Pacific Heads Up

2004 Bowman - Gold

2004 Bowman Chrome - Gold Refractor

2004 Browns Pocket Schedule!!!

2008 Score

Topps

sigpic

Comment

More "D"s Please

Moving on to Marcus Davis

Marcus went undrafted in 2013 but was picked up by the Giants as a free agent, then went to the Jets off waivers - - after one week on the roster...

2013 Leaf Draft

Elite

Upper Deck

Prestige

Now moving on to Tyronne Drakeford

Drafted by the 49ers in the second round of the 1994 draft

he also spent time in New Orleans and Washington before he had to retire due to injuries - he had reconstructive surgery on his shoulder twice..

Classic 4 sport

Bowman TTM Auto

Stadium Club Super Bowl embossing

Classic Draft gold foil

Signature Rookies auto

Score

Next time Druckenmiller!
                  sigpic

Comment

Wrapping up the D's with Druckenmiller

Jim Druckenmiller - 1997 1st round pick for the 49ers. Anticipated to be Steve Young's heir apparent but....not so much

Oversized Pacific and Bowman cards from 97

Flair Showcase

Proline Memorabilia

Bowman's Best auto

Press Pass

Marquee Match-up from Press Pass set

Scoreboard auto

Deans List parallel

Proline Gems

Playoff Pennants

EX Star Date 2000

Fleer Goudey mini

Totally Certified Blue

and Red

Score Board - with Strongbox parallel (was the ground hot? Shoes too tight? sometimes ya gotta wonder why the pic was taken when it was - not to mention why did it make the cut to a card???)

Leaf 8 x 10 Auto

Partial album page

Another multi-post player - while MOST of his cards were issued in his rookie year, his first round status garnered TONS of cards - inserts and parallels were the norm in 1997.

To be continued...
                    sigpic

Comment

Druck continued

1997 Leaf - Gold Leaf Rookie

Pacific Invincible

Topps

1997 Playoff

SharpShooters insert

Playoff Performers

97 Edge Rookie Ink

IP Auto from the Tuff Stuff show mentioned earlier

UD3

97 Pinnacle Xpress

1997 Crown Royale - Chalk Talk

1997 Pacific Revolution - Protégés

1998 Score 1/1

sigpic

Comment

Druckenmiller wrap up

1998 Absolute SSD

1998 Playoff Prestige Alma Maters

3 Hokies!! Freeman, Druckenmiller and Smith Cool card and one of the first multiple Hokie cards in my collection

1998 Playoff Prestige

Retail - silver

This was a Green foil Retail Parallel (thinner stock)

National issue

Red parallel

7-Eleven version

1998 Edge Supreme Season review

1998 Collectors' Edge First Place - Markers

Well that wraps up the D's - Next time "E"ven more Hokies
                        sigpic

Comment

Hokies by the Letters - the "E"s

Here are the Hokies with last names beginning with "E"

Starting off with Doug Easlick

Easlick went undrafted in 2004 but was picked up by Miami for the season. Except for the parallels in this set, this is his only card.

Next up the 3rd round by the Bills in 2008 Chris Ellis.

2008 Topps

Gold version

Chrome Base and Refractor

Upper Deck Authentic - Chirography

UD SPx auto

Upper Deck

Moving on to John Engelberger - 2nd round pick of the 49ers in 2000.

Press Pass base and gold version

Breakout

SAGE Hit

Hit Auto

2000 Leaf Quantum

Upper Deck

Upper Deck Victory and chrome version which I think was actually a second set issued - -

Last edited by 87hokie; 06-03-2015, 08:19 PM. Reason: photo glitch
                          sigpic

Comment

Continuing with "E"s

Engelberger part 2

2005 Topps Total

Now to Darren Evans - signed by the Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2011

Rookie Topps Platinum auto

Vikings 6th round pick in 2014 - Antone Exum

2014 Leaf auto - Haven't seen the unsigned version or the gold parallels??? not sure what's up with that...

Upper Deck auto--- same here no unsigned version....???

Bowman

Gold chrome

Bowman auto

Bowman mini

2014 Topps base and gold parallel

Topps purple

Bowman Sterling

Chrome Green refractor

BCA Pink and Camo refractors

a bit of Xfractor and Prismatic action

That wraps up the E's... Thanks for stopping by - next time the "F"s
                            sigpic

Comment

Hokies by the Letters - the F's

Starting off this post with Jarrett Ferguson

Picked up by Buffalo in the 7th round of the 2002 NFL Draft...

Next up is Brandon Flowers 2nd round pick by KC Chiefs in the 2008 draft.

2008 SAGE Hit

2008 Prestige - Prestigious Picks

Purple and Red versions

Purple Jersey

2008 Score Inscriptions

Certified Next Generation auto

Donruss Threads

2008 Topps Mayo mini framed auto

2009 Score - gold zone parallel

2009 Threads

2010 Prestige Xtra Points

2011 Prestige

2011 Topps Gameday Auto

2012 Panini Stickers (yep them too!!)

2014 Score Numbers Game

2014 Prestige

2014 Rookies and Stars Pro Bowl

Recently scored this off of Ebay!!

2014 Topps Museum

SWEET 4 color swatch in this quad!

...to be continued
                              sigpic

Comment

I want to wrap up Flowers - -

2008 Grid Iron Kings

Topps

Recently scored the Black version of this Prestige!

And finally this 2014 auto from Crown Royale

Yep my first of his cards since the change to the Chargers!!

Now a couple of updates from previous letters:
                                Marcus Davis Certified Red

Antone Exum Blue Wave

Mini Pink

to be continued
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X