Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card has a manufacturing issue, what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card has a manufacturing issue, what should I do?

Today I went to my local hobby shop and picked up a few packs of cards, 2 jumbos of 2015 Topps series 1 baseball and 3 packs of 2014 Panini Contenders football. Overall I didn't hit anything major just a Tajh Boyd rookie ticket auto ( not actually sure what it is the number is RRI-TJ) and a Tom Brady cracked ice ticket numbered 18/22. As I took a closer look to the card I saw that the foil like finish is peeling at the bottom. The back of that card is perfect and it wasn't from anything I did. I was wondering what I should do about it or if I can even do anything about it? Any advice is greatly appreciated and if someone could tell me exactly which auto subset that Tajh Boyd is from is greatly appreciated as well. Thank you in advance for any help you provide me.
    I collect Atlanta Braves and Falcons almost exclusively but there are a few exceptions.

Originally posted by bravescollector1988 View Post
    Today I went to my local hobby shop and picked up a few packs of cards, 2 jumbos of 2015 Topps series 1 baseball and 3 packs of 2014 Panini Contenders football. Overall I didn't hit anything major just a Tajh Boyd rookie ticket auto ( not actually sure what it is the number is RRI-TJ) and a Tom Brady cracked ice ticket numbered 18/22. As I took a closer look to the card I saw that the foil like finish is peeling at the bottom. The back of that card is perfect and it wasn't from anything I did. I was wondering what I should do about it or if I can even do anything about it? Any advice is greatly appreciated and if someone could tell me exactly which auto subset that Tajh Boyd is from is greatly appreciated as well. Thank you in advance for any help you provide me.

It seems to me that the assitance needed refers to Panini. That's the only time I have seen nor heard of "Rookie Ticket Auto".

I recommend that you contact Panini via email, let them know your issue, and that should or can be resolved. Panini's customer service is outstanding! Two years ago, I had the same problem with foil peeling. It was a Prominence product manufactured by Panini. By that end of the week, I received a new replacement, and kept the damaged card with issues.

Depending on what you or whom produced the cards, that's who you will contact. Some examples are Topps, Upper Deck and so on. I hope this helps.

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
      It seems to me that the assitance needed refers to Panini. That's the only time I have seen nor heard of "Rookie Ticket Auto".

I recommend that you contact Panini via email, let them know your issue, and that should or can be resolved. Panini's customer service is outstanding! Two years ago, I had the same problem with foil peeling. It was a Prominence product manufactured by Panini. By that end of the week, I received a new replacement, and kept the damaged card with issues.

Depending on what you or whom produced the cards, that's who you will contact. Some examples are Topps, Upper Deck and so on. I hope this helps.

Toshi
      Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if Panini would replace a card like that because I had an issue like that with a Topps card and they wouldn't replace it because I couldn't prove it was a manufacturing defect. As for that Tajh Boyd card I meant to type that it was a rookie ink auto. I am confused about it though because the card number doesn't match any on the checklists that I've seen.
      I collect Atlanta Braves and Falcons almost exclusively but there are a few exceptions.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if Panini would replace a card like that because I had an issue like that with a Topps card and they wouldn't replace it because I couldn't prove it was a manufacturing defect. As for that Tajh Boyd card I meant to type that it was a rookie ink auto. I am confused about it though because the card number doesn't match any on the checklists that I've seen.
        Rookie Ink is an autographed insert set they use for Contenders. Just search Beckett for Boyd Rookie Ink & it should pull up.

As for the damaged card, Panini should replace that. I'm not sure what they require to do that though. you may have to submit the card for them to replace it since the cracked ice are pretty sought after. They may pull one of their backups & re-stamp it. They could also send you a different card with similar value though. just call & talk to them & see what they tell you. Like Toshi said, they're pretty good about that kind of thing. Topps normally doesn't give a crap either way.
        -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
        http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
        http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Correct, Panini should be able to replace it. And if it is the #d Brady you will definitely have to send it in. They will create a new card and stamp it with your serial number then destroy the card you sent in.

1) Go to Panini America, Inc. and register.
          2) Go to My Account
          3) Go to My Request, New Request, Factory Damaged Card
          4) Then fill out the info and select the card that was damaged, etc.

Originally posted by bcw716 View Post
          Rookie Ink is an autographed insert set they use for Contenders. Just search Beckett for Boyd Rookie Ink & it should pull up.

As for the damaged card, Panini should replace that. I'm not sure what they require to do that though. you may have to submit the card for them to replace it since the cracked ice are pretty sought after. They may pull one of their backups & re-stamp it. They could also send you a different card with similar value though. just call & talk to them & see what they tell you. Like Toshi said, they're pretty good about that kind of thing. Topps normally doesn't give a crap either way.
          I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies
          (Manziel, Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Ryan Swope, Sean Porter, Luke Joeckel, Damontre Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Cyrus Gray, Jeff Fuller, Martellus Bennett, Stephen McGee, Goodson, Jerrod Johnson, V. Miller, Acie Law, DeAndre Jordan, Antoine Wright, Justin Ruggiano, etc.).
          Email: rbredskin@windstream.net

Comment

So I put in the request and the Panini website says that it will take 8 to 12 weeks to process and restamp the card. That is only if they have it in their library of cards and if they don't they will send me a card of equal value. I hope that they have this card as I just saw one on eBay that went for $53. I also hope that not having a sales receipt won't effect anything. If they send me a different card is Panini better than Topps in making sure that values are equal because I know and I am sure you are as well that Topps is horrible in making sure values are equal at least when send different redemptions when the one you actually have isn't available.

Comment

So I put in the request and the Panini website says that it will take 8 to 12 weeks to process and restamp the card. That is only if they have it in their library of cards and if they don't they will send me a card of equal value. I hope that they have this card as I just saw one on eBay that went for $53. I also hope that not having a sales receipt won't effect anything. If they send me a different card is Panini better than Topps in making sure that values are equal because I know and I am sure you are as well that Topps is horrible in making sure values are equal at least when send different redemptions when the one you actually have isn't available.
              No sales receipt is needed, my collecting traits are geared toward 2012 products. I purchased a 2012 Panini Certified, it was missing a auto card. Panini sent me two auto cards just for good measure. My experience with Topps is as this; I requested to have my redemption (It was a year past the expiration date) fulfilled, I told them any football card of equal value would please me. They sent me a baseball card instead! Adding insult to injury, no one would return my messages on this issue.

Toshi
              I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
                No sales receipt is needed, my collecting traits are geared toward 2012 products. I purchased a 2012 Panini Certified, it was missing a auto card. Panini sent me two auto cards just for good measure. My experience with Topps is as this; I requested to have my redemption (It was a year past the expiration date) fulfilled, I told them any football card of equal value would please me. They sent me a baseball card instead! Adding insult to injury, no one would return my messages on this issue.

Toshi
                It's good to know that a receipt because I never ask for one or if I get one I tend to throw it away. I have had similar issues with Topps. I just started collecting football and pulled a redemption for a product from 2012 that had just expired and instead of different football card they sent me a baseball card that has very little value at all. Between that and the general length of time it takes to receive redemptions I am always questioning why I buy Topps products. In the last three years only one redemption has come in and that is a 2013 Topps Magic dual auto that came a week after after I put it in yet I have a redemption I put in 2012 that is still pending. I think Panini will be getting all my football card money from here on out provided that I get a replacement that is actually the one I am supposed to get.

Comment

It's good to know that a receipt because I never ask for one or if I get one I tend to throw it away. I have had similar issues with Topps. I just started collecting football and pulled a redemption for a product from 2012 that had just expired and instead of different football card they sent me a baseball card that has very little value at all. Between that and the general length of time it takes to receive redemptions I am always questioning why I buy Topps products. In the last three years only one redemption has come in and that is a 2013 Topps Magic dual auto that came a week after after I put it in yet I have a redemption I put in 2012 that is still pending. I think Panini will be getting all my football card money from here on out provided that I get a replacement that is actually the one I am supposed to get.
                  It seems as we both got duped! Just a FYI, Panini will be the only NFL certified card company to produce NFL cards. I understand that Topps has lost this certification. I can only assume that Panini will do good for football card collectors. This can be a good thing or bad, who knows? I hope Panini will err on the good side.

Toshi

Comment

Working...
                  X