How is this for luck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is this for luck?

Yesterday while going through my wallet I found a gift card I forgot about for a local hobby shop which I hardly ever go to and decided to spend it before I lost it. When I got there I remembered why I hardly ever go there. I was looking for Donruss baseball or museum collection football which they were out of both and wouldn't get any for a while. This made the trip slightly disappointing but I decided to buy a box of Topps strata and a few packs of the donruss baseball. The donruss baseball yielded a Shane Victorino red auto #ed to 25. The strata though produced a bit of bad luck. In the box I hit two redemptions of the same player. The good luck in this is that it was Devonta Freeman cards one a clear cut sapphire auto relic and the other a strata relic auto. It sucks pulling two redemptions for the same player but it is OK because they are popping up on eBay so I should be getting them. The other hit was a montavis Bryant patch #ed to 90. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    I collect Atlanta Braves and Falcons almost exclusively but there are a few exceptions.

Bummer!

I have never pulled 2 redemptions from the same box. I don't think that I've pulled 2 for the same player, either (from multiple boxes).
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

In a box of Topps Minor League, I ended up with both autograph cards being the same card. That was a little disappointing.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

This is the first time to pull redemptions from the same box for me but this isn't the first time I have dealt with terrible collation from Topps. In a mini box of 2012 Topps Triple Threads both hits were of Braves players, a Dan Uggla white whale auto relic and a Brandon Beachy unity relic. Then just last years I had a single pack of Gypsy Queen that contained a Craig Kimbrel gold jumbo patch card and a Justin Upton mini wood parallel and then one of the autos in the box was an Alex Wood. Obviously Topps horrible collation hasn't been a bad thing for my PC but it can be frustrating because it makes trading hard to do if most stuff ends up in my PC.
        I collect Atlanta Braves and Falcons almost exclusively but there are a few exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by bravescollector1988 View Post
          This is the first time to pull redemptions from the same box for me but this isn't the first time I have dealt with terrible collation from Topps. In a mini box of 2012 Topps Triple Threads both hits were of Braves players, a Dan Uggla white whale auto relic and a Brandon Beachy unity relic. Then just last years I had a single pack of Gypsy Queen that contained a Craig Kimbrel gold jumbo patch card and a Justin Upton mini wood parallel and then one of the autos in the box was an Alex Wood. Obviously Topps horrible collation hasn't been a bad thing for my PC but it can be frustrating because it makes trading hard to do if most stuff ends up in my PC.
          It can make it difficult for a box break as well - if you are the person who ends up with the jackpot, it is great. However, if you end up with a loser team, you may have shelled out a bunch of money for little to nothing. I guess that is the chance you take with box breaks!
          Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
          Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
          Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
          X