The Good & The Sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good & The Sad

I've always been a "let's hear the bad news first" kind of guy... so that I can end the conversation on a positive note. With that being said... this afternoon I was at my friend's nephew's soccer game when I found out that Mr. Fujipassed away.

The highpoint in my WWFfandom took place in the 80's when Mr. Fuji was a "bad guy" manager who most people despised. But for fairly obvious reasons... I liked him. He was very entertaining and although I haven't watched wrestling religiously in years, he will be missed. Rest in peaceHarry Fujiwara.

I'll wrap this post of with two cards I received this past week that have brought me one step closer to finishing two different sets.

First up is this 1995 Topps Legends of the 60's Medallionsmetal card of Brooks Robinson:

Back in 1995, Stadium Clubmembers were given the opportunity to purchase these heavy metal cards for the low, low price of $39.95per card. Like most 90'ssports memorabilia... these haven't held their value that well.

I was able to pick up this single off of eBay for $5shipped. There are a total of twelve cards in the set and now I'm down to only needing two.

Yesterday, I received an out of the bluePWE from an unknown sender. Inside was this card:

Earlier in the month, I purchased a nice 1981 Toppsfootball starter set. KevAlan over at CCW read my Flea Market Findspost and purchased this card over on Sportlots for me and had the vendor ship it directly to me.

Thanks Kevin! Now I'm down to needing only five more cards to finish my set.

Have a great week. Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X