Buying a box or two tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a box or two tomorrow

I havent busted much at all this year, but I found about 600 bucks today (no, literally, I found it) so Im gonna spend a few of those bucks on fun stuff- IE, boxes. Whats good this year? What has decent stuff, and what would you guys recommend?
    Ed

absolute looks really good this year but it is pricey. press pass legend is fun to open and a good assortment of auto's. score inscriptions is ok too.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

not a fan of the score design, from what ive seen. i did do a mini box of pp legends and hit the sick ryan patch in my bucket. ive liked all ive seen from absolute, but it is really pricy

Comment

that paatch is sweet. good luck with whatever you choose and pull a bunch of harvins and petersons so i can trade you for them
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
        I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

haha I think I want to know that story lol

09 Chrome is awesome and a blast to break IMO...possibilities of auto/patches or players like Moreno/stafford/Sanchez

Why don't you get a case lol

Atleast a box or two and trade me all your rookies
          sigpic

Comment

I like Chrome myself, Sterling might not be bad for a pack or two either. I just like Chrome because it seems to hold value (and I want to trade for your refractors).

I like the hits in Score inscriptions, but agree the card design is not so great.
            Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
            http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

Sterling is always so hit-or-miss....I'd personally buy Absolute, because of some of the stuff I've seen out of it or Leaf R&S, I've been very impressed with that release this year.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I'd go with whatever you want, after all its your decision

Comment

2 votes chrome, 2 votes absolute, 1 vote sterling,1 vote PP legends, 1 vote Nuetral

If not chrome, I think I would do PP legends

Looks like a great product this year!
                  sigpic

Comment

It also might be dependent on whether you like guys in college uniforms or in their pro uniform. I am also not a big fan of "event worn" items myself. As much as Sterling is hit or miss, so is Absolute (I have had some of the world's worst boxes and it is pricey to get nothing).
                    Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
                    http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

ended up with a box of threads, a box of absolute, and some bowman 48 basketball

gonna do live breaks if anyones around

Comment

I'm around Ed!

Comment

cool- Ill do the bowman basketball first, since i havent seen a bad box yet

Comment

Working...
                          X