Signing Yesterday at Frozen Pond Jonas "The Monster" Gustavsson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing Yesterday at Frozen Pond Jonas "The Monster" Gustavsson

Went today to the Jonas "The Monster" Gustavsson signing at Frozen Pond in Toronto. He is the Toronto Maple Leafs rookie sensation goalie of the future.... we hope. Pretty good turnout today. Jonas is a very tall guy, but skinny as a flag pole. He was extremely quiet throughout the whole ordeal, but friendly with everyone, and was very obliging with pictures, handshakes, and conversation. I met him in the back room when he first came in, and he said to me later on when he signed my stuff it was really nice to meet you. I had to tell him I already met you 1 1/2 hours ago when you arrived. LOL!! I think it was a bit overwhelming to him all the fuss, and interest. Life as a pro hockey player in Toronto can be that way. It was a great day, and the price Frozen Pond was able to get him for was extremely fair, and most people were getting multiple items at $20 Canadian each. They had sold out of pic # 2 posted on the site 1/2 hour before the event even started. Jonas was about 10 minutes late, as there was a marathon race running downtown, and they got stuck in traffic for a while. Started about 3:10pm, and he signed constantly until 4:40. He then was ushered upstairs to sign the 200, or so items for mail order, which took another 2 hours. Signing "The Monster" in addition to his signature takes a lot of extra time. Below is my signed, and inscribed 8X10, a signed puck I picked up for another boardie, and the COA of course. Scanner didn't want to work, so had to do a quickie pic from the camera. Also below are a few photos from today's event. I will do a report with pictures for every signing I attend this year. They are usually popular, and appreciated by my fellow hockey collectors, and boradies. Enjoy!

Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 10-19-2009, 01:58 PM.

Gustavsson (right) with Frozen Pond owner Hersh Borenstein (left)

The Monster

The signing table

The guy in the glasses is Joe his agent.

More Monster

Jonas Gustavsson

Michael Jordan signed picture

signing a Maple Leafs mini mask

signing all the mail orders

PHOTOS COURTESY OF FROZEN POND EMPLOYEE ROB LOCKHART. ROB'S DAD'S PRINTING COMPANY PROVIDE THE COA'S FOR ALL SIGNING EVENTS
    Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 10-19-2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

The Monster was a really good guest for us. Perfect English, great personality. Not what you'd expect from a Swedish kid that just arrived on this side of the ocean.

Then again - he's not a "kid", as his 25th birthday is on Saturday. I'm really hoping he turns out to be the Leafs "saviour", as we could really use (and it would be great for business).

He signed "The Monster" on just about everything, which really slowed down the process. He kept saying he didn't mind doing it, but let's give it six months and see what his reaction is then.

Thanks to all who turned out for the signing.

Take care,

Hersh Borenstein
      Frozen Pond Inc.

Comment

I was contemplating on getting him to inscribe the cookie monster lol
        thanks for bringing him in Hersh.
        look forward to seeing you and Troy again at future signings

Comment

That's a great photo and sig. And the price was seem pretty good...............

Comment

got any extra stuff left over?
            Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Ed View Post
              got any extra stuff left over?
              Ed
              Ed, I just picked up enough stuff to help out the boardies on another site who could not make it. I always offer C+S on any items from these events to boardies, so anytime you want something just give me a shout. If you go to the website www.frozenpond.com you can always check out who they are bringing in for signings, and even when public signings are not possible, they always offer mail order on athletes that are only doing a private signing with them. You can still get Monster stuff now through the website, but I believe they are $34 Canadian now for pucks, and 8X10's. What were you looking at?

Danny it was nice finally meeting you in person, and your friend. Please get him signed up on here, so we have more puckheads to trade with.

Comment

More Monster pics!

Comment

Working...
                X