Sports Card Trifecta #8: Devin Setoguchi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Card Trifecta #8: Devin Setoguchi

Devin Setoguchi combines two of the most important things in my life: my culture & the San Jose Sharks.

The Gooch was drafted by the Sharks in the first round of the 2005 NHL Draft. In his first NHL game, he scored two goals against the Dallas Stars. A few weeks later he went on a four game scoring spree in which he scored 5 goals in 4 games. This quickly caught the attention of a lot of Sharks' fans... including myself.

Soon after that, I learned about his Japanese heritage and that officially sealed the deal. He's been my favorite player ever since. One of the things I find most interesting is his family's history. During World War II, his grandparents on his father's side were sent to internment camps. He credits their experience and life lessons as helping him pave the road to his success.

Due to injuries... Setoguchi's point total has been subpar this season. However, I'm optimistic and believe he'll bounce back sooner than later. In fact... two days ago he scored the only goal in San Jose's 1 to 0 win over the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday.

Hopefully... his presence will be just what the Sharks need to get back into the playoff picture. Until then... please enjoy my 8th Sports Card Trifecta:

Rookie Card: 2003/04 Saskatoon Blades #22

Autographed Card: 2008/09 UD Black "Game Night Ticket" #GNDS (#'d 01/25)

Memorabilia Card: 2009/10 Artifacts "Treasured Swatches" #TSSE (#'d 33/35)

Tuesday night's question of the day is:

Do you collect hockey cards? If so... any specific players?

Have a good evening... and I hope all of you have a great week. Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Thats a cool looking UD Black Auto.

Comment

Working...
    X