Players I Love to Hate #1: Teemu Selanne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players I Love to Hate #1: Teemu Selanne

After watching last night's hockey game between the Anaheim Ducks & my beloved San Jose Sharks, I knew I had to start a new series on my blog.

For the 50th time in his career... Teemu Selanne scored a goal against Team Teal... the game winning goal to be specific. The Sharks desperately needed to win last night... and Teemu & the Ducks had nothing to play for, other than to spoil San Jose's playoff hopes.

Gosh... I hate that guy. Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic. I don't really "hate" Selanne, but I can't really say I "like" him either. The guy has made a career of destroying the team I love. In fact, I wasn't even a fan of Selanne when the Sharks traded for him in 2001... because they traded away my favorite player:

Teemu... if you're reading this right now. Do me a favor and just retire already. I'm begging you!

Are there any athletes that "destroy" your team(s) on a regular basis?

Happy Thursday everyone... and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I hate LeBron James.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I am with Whitney on Lebron James. I was on the fence for a long time...then cames the hour-long narcisism-fest on ESPN to announce he was going to Miami. Thankfully, I have given up all other sports for hockey so I don't have to hear about him...too much.

Teemu on the other hand, big fan. I have had 4 face-to-face autograph opportunities with him. On the 2nd, he held up the entire team bus in Columbus, OH, MINUTES BEFORE GOING TO THE ARENA FOR THE GAME...to make sure everyone got at least one autograph. Team staff were trying to get him into the bus. There must have been 30 to 40 people. No one walked away empty handed. He has always been VERY pleasant. He has wrecked my team at times as well. I think he would have looked MUCH better in dark blue and orange.
      Last edited by BGH; 05-07-2015, 09:24 PM.
      Always looking for Wade Flaherty items. Also interested in players who played on former Kentucky teams: Louisville Blades, Shooting Stars, Rebels, IceHawks, RiverFrogs, Panthers, KY Thoroughblades, Lexington Men O'War, and from outside KY... the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks and the New York Islanders. Current wantlist: Wade Flaherty items

Comment

Working...
      X