The Premier Hockey Set of the 90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Premier Hockey Set of the 90's

The San Jose Sharks changed my life. Seriously. Thanks to them, I started to seriously collect hockey cards in the early 90's. In fact... during that decade it's probably fair to say that I was into hockey as much as baseball, football, and basketball.

And one of my favorite sets from that time period is the 1990-91 OPC Premierhockey set. The design and rookie card checklist made this one of the most popular hockey sets of the Junk Wax Era. I'm pretty sure I spent around $5/pack for these cards in search of Jaromir Jagr and Sergei Fedorovrookie cards:

The checklist also includes rookie cards of Mike Modano, Jeremy Roenick, and Mats Sundin:

And thanks to Shane over at Shoebox Legends, I am now the proud owner of this iconic set. Last week, he wrote a post on his blog about this set. I left a comment stating that I needed to pick up this set for my collection and he offered to send one my way... no strings attached.

Well Shane... Fuji (don't you love it when people talk about themselves in the third person?) don't play that. I've picked up a few Red Soxcards that hopefully you'll be able to use. They should be in the mail no later than Tuesday.

Thanks again for the set. I'm so excited to add it to my collection.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

The boxes used to sell for crazy prices when OPc premier was the high end product of it time. If we only knew what we knew know.

Don

Comment

Working...
    X