Blog Trade #37: Sportscards From The Dollar Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog Trade #37: Sportscards From The Dollar Store

I recently completed my second trade with Douglas over at Sportscards From The Dollar Store and it just so happens to be my second official trade of 2014.

Douglas offered to track down some 2011-12 ITG Enforcersautographs for the set I'm building the next time he went to his local card show and ended up picking up these two cards:

I'm slowly chipping away at this set... and with the Grimson and Semenko, I need only thirty-five more autographs. If you have any available for trade you can view my wantlist: HERE.

The other card in the trade is this 2006-07 Upper Deck "Young Guns"rookie card of red hot Joe Pavelski:

Not including tonight's game against Minnesota, Little Joe has scored seven goals in his last four games and is second in the league in goals scored. This is a huge addition to my San Jose Sharkscollection.

Last, but not least...

Douglas hooked me up with a few bonus cards, including a very shinySharkslogo sticker from Panini.

Thanks for the great trade! I shipped out your package on Tuesday, so hopefully it arrives sooner than later.

Speaking of shipping... I'm shocked by the shipping rates from the United States to Canada and vice versa.

Douglas did an amazing job of packaging up the cards in a padded mailer and it only cost him $2.20 (equivalent to $1.99USD). On the flipside, I sent his package in a PWE (plain white envelope) and it cost me $7.35USD. That's over three times the cost and it wasn't even in a bubble mailer. Does anyone understand this price discrepancy?

By the way, before I get huge amounts of hate mail for using a PWE... I promise I received the okay from Douglas. In fact, he actually suggested it to help reduce shipping costs.

Thanks again for the awesome tradeDouglas! Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X