I'll Be Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll Be Back

This will be the lone post for the week, because the next five days are going to be a little hectic. It's nothing life threatening... just your average run of the mill... middle aged teacher problems. Essentially... the focus of my attention will be on the following:

#1: Game of Thrones

The Season 6premiere is this Sunday... and I need to watch fifteen more episodes by then.

Game of Thrones rules. Great character development, tons of action, and a story line that always seems to keep me coming back for more makes this one of my all-time favorite shows.

Last August, the Staten Island Yankees changed their name to the Staten Island Direwolves for one evening and gave away special hats to the first 2,500 fans. One of the attendants was George R. R. Martin... author of the Game of Thronesseries.

I targeted these hats and monitored their sale prices for a couple of months. Then in December, I found a signed version on eBay for $35 and determined the price was worth the risk. Thankfully, I had my buddy submit the hat to PSA/DNA at the Tristar Show a few weeks ago and they authenticated it. It's a nice addition to my autographed hat collection... as well as the first piece in my Game of Thronescollection.

#2: Sharks Playoff Hockey

The San Jose Sharks are back in the playoffs a year after missing them for the first time since the 2002-2003season.

I honestly don't have very high expectations for them, but that doesn't mean I won't cheer them on.

I recently went to one of their practices and was excited to get Joe Pavelski, Brent Burns, Tomas Hertl, Martin Jones, and Evgeni Nabokov to sign pucks. Unfortunately Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton, and Logan Couture weren't in the mood to sign. Oh well... maybe next season.

#3: Garage Door Repairs

This morning I backed my car out of the garage and was about to pull away... when I noticed that my garage door didn't descend. It took me twenty minutes, but I was finally able to bring it down. I've gotta get this fixed and the sooner, the better.

#4: Birthday Parties

I'm not really a fan of kid's birthday parties... but I've got a pair of them to attend this Saturday. Honestly... one of them I'll just make an appearance and sneak out. But the other one, I'll be there for the long haul.

#5: Moving Classrooms

This is the thing I'm least looking forward to. My school is going through a huge transition and I'm moving to another classroom across campus. The good news is I'll be in a state of the art classroom with tons of extra storage. The bad news is I'll slowly packing up years worth of stuff over the next two months.

So that's what I'll be focusing on over the next few days. I should be back to my regular schedule by Monday. I know that a few of you have sent me packages. It might be another week until I can get to them, but at least I have something to look forward to.

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X