My 2010 Obsidian Star Wars Sketch Card Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2010 Obsidian Star Wars Sketch Card Collection

I absolutely love the idea of sketch cards. Each card is a one of a kind piece of art that fits into the palm of your hand. Unfortunately, since each is essentially a 1/1 card they're not cheap.

So when I stumbled across Ian Walker's Obsidian Studiosand their $10 custom sketch cards, I knew I had to order something.

The problem was deciding on what to have made. It's a custom card, so I get to decide who I want on the card. But there are so many things to choose from. After a few minutes, I narrowed it down to these five: Transformers, G.I. Joe, X-Men, Spiderman, and Star Wars.

I chose Star Wars, because it's been a huge part of my life. I've loved it since I was a kid and I'll love it until I die.

Next decision: Which character do I want? Yoda was the first character that popped into my head. Maybe I'd have Ian draw him since he's my favorite character. Then, if I liked his art, I'd order one more jedi each month and slowly add to my sketch card collection.

But then I remembered Vader and his bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back. The scene aboard Vader's Executor is definitely a classic. My mind had been made up.

Within 10 days, these were sitting in my mailbox:

Boba Fett & IG-88

Bossk & Dengar

4-LOM & Zuckuss

Some people probably think that $60 (+ $2 shipping) is kind of pricey for 6 pieces of cardboard, especially since they weren't pack pulled. It could have bought me another Peyton Manning, Tony Gwynn, or another sports legend's autograph. But I have no regrets, because I love the fact that I have 6 new pieces of art in my collection.

So, here's today's question. If you were going to have an artist draw you a custom sketch card... what/who would you have him/her draw?

Thanks for reading... and if you'd like to check out other sketch cards in my collection click these links:

2004 Topps Star Wars Heritage Sketch Cards

2009 Archie Comics Sketch Cards

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Awesome Collection! Thanks for sharing!

Here's my Star Wars Sketch Card Collection....

http://community.cardboardconnection...ight=star+wars

TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Those are some nice sketch cards.

Comment

Working...
      X