Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iCardz releases America at War : D-Day Band of Brothers cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iCardz releases America at War : D-Day Band of Brothers cards!

http://www.lestweforgetcardsus.com/

America at War : D-Day Band of Brothers Box Set

Complete set of 192 cards (24 packages of 8 cards each).

Each set also contains
    4 special promotional America at War cards
    2 instant win cards
    1 in 10 boxes contain an artist sketch card
    1 in 6 boxes contain a Band of Brothers veteran autographed card!

The instant win cards give you a chance of owning an actual piece of D-Day memorabilia!

About the America at War cards...

America at War: D-Day/Band of Brothers Collectors Cards
    There is no denying the impact of D-Day, a world-altering event that lead to Allied victory at the end of the Second World War. On June 6, 1944, American, Canadian and British troops took to the air and the sea. Landing at Normandy, the Allies freed France, putting events in motion that saw the downfall of Hitler's Nazi regime.

It is the story of America's role in this monumental event that iCardz has detailed in America at War: D-Day/Band of Brothers Collectors Cards. 192 cards tell the story, with 49 detailing the exploits of the Band of Brothers at Normandy.

Creating a relationship with Valor Studios of Montoursville, Pennsylvania, iCardz was able to access not only some of their top-notch original artwork that is featured on four of the cards in this collection, but also actual Band of Brothers members. These veterans, Lynn "Buck" Compton, William "Wild Bill" Guarnere, Edward Heffron, Clancy Lyall, Donald Malarkey, Amos "Buck" Taylor and Earl McClung, have subsequently hand-signed a limited number of America at War cards. And renowned artist Ingrid Hardy has created a limited number of hand-painted Sketch Cards for us as well.

With newly-colored images and descriptive text that includes the people, places, weaponry and events of D-Day and its aftermath. America at War: D-Day Band of Brothers Collectors Cards are a truly unique document of this history-making chapter in America's story.

Last edited by ranbethscards; 09-24-2010, 09:58 AM.
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

very nice!.....I'm looking forward to getting a box or two. Looks like this could be fun to break.....(and yeah, that's my retired-military side talking!)
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Cool looking cards. I still like the vintage WWII cards. I have only 1 in my PC:

These new cards will be cool to buy and put into my PC too.
      ALL Danica Patrick items--vintage Reds/B.Dodgers--vintage (pre-1980) empty wax wrappers/boxes--P.Manning RCs--oddball pre-1970 paper products
      http://s177.photobucket.com/home/dupontis1

Comment

this is awesome set... I have met the person that was portrayed as the lead character in Band of Brothers. He was a resident of Hershey PA and was very active in the community...

Comment

Its actually not cards highlighting the movie, per se. Its cards actually honoring the real people who lost their lives in the war.
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
          A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brads55 View Post
            Its actually not cards highlighting the movie, per se. Its cards actually honoring the real people who lost their lives in the war.
            Thanks. You have some promotional imagery I haven't seen anywhere else. I have started a thread dedicated to this in the non-sport section, copying information I have accumulated for the few months I have been collecting this series:

http://community.cardboardconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22757
            Please check out My WW2 Blog

Comment

Working...
            X