Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

America at War - Band of Brothers (pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America at War - Band of Brothers (pictures)

PLEASE SEE THE NEXT FEW POSTS FOR MORE INFO AS WELL AS PROMO PICTURES

First, I am new to the forum, this being my first post. I see Brads55 is the resident AaW guy so here is his thread on the topic.

These are the little tidbits I have accumulated as a fan and collector of this series for the last 8 months or so:

iCardz released the America at War - Band of Brothers set earlier this year.
    Lest We Forget Collector Cards
    The cards have been well received, although they are not appearing on the secondary market in any quantity to make them easy to collect.

HOBBY BOX: Since iCardz is primarily interested in the educational value of these cards, they are in packs. However, you receive one complete set in every box with no extra cards:

1 set of America at War D-Day - 143 cards
    1 set of Band of Brothers - 49 cards

AD1 promo for The Pacific
    AD2 a salute to veterans
    AD3 promo for the Binder
    AD4 about Valor Studios (company working with iCardz to secure art and autographs from veterans)

2 Instant Win cards (see previous post)

Autographs/Sketches. This has changed at various times in the past. At one point, you could choose to receive an EXTRA autograph or sketch in addition to the autograph in the box. For the longest time, you were guaranteed 1 auto per box, as promised on the back of the various promo cards.

Currently, iCardz says that you can POSSIBLY receive one autograph or sketch in your box.
    BE AWARE: As of September 2010, and presumably for all remaining product. the autos and sketches fall at 1 in 6 boxes:
    FAQ

Sketches: Ingrid Hardy initially had 50 sketches on her site but has now updated it to include 100 finished works HERE, and they were all inserted into the product. I will try to confirm this soon. Also, it appears the sketches are NOT all of men who gave their lives in Europe. Someone with more sketches will need to confirm what the backs of them say if a soldier survived and came home after the war.

Autographs (update November 2010, light grey do not exist in this product):

SP1 - Lynn "Buck" Compton
    SP2 - William Guarnere
    SP3 - Forrest Guth
    SP4 - Edward "Babe" Heffron
    SP5 - Clancy Lyall
    SP6 - Donald Malarkey
    SP7 - Earl McClung
    SP8 - Amos "Buck" Taylor
    SP9 - Ed Tipper

Last edited by Nicnac; 11-17-2010, 02:14 AM.
    Please check out My WW2 Blog

Authentic WW2 memorabilia prizes have been given out with the random prize card redemption codes in the boxes:
    There have been 2 US winners of WWII memorabilia so far. Prizes for the US site are generally authentic WWII US military lapel pins.
    Prizes for Canada at War, Lest We Forget - Canada include authentic Canadian military memorabilia such as medals, shoulder flashes, etc.

About text on the website stating that there will be sets following Easy Co. after D-Day, and whether this info is outdated, The Pacific replacing any further Band of Brothers sets:
    "We have a number of potential sets in the works. At this time, the only set we have definite plans for is The Pacific, which we expect to release in late 2010/early 2011. Date TBA."

Comment

PROMOS for America at War AND/OR Band of Brothers.

Happy Jack - AaW: D-Day (unnumbered):

AaW:BoB (unnumbered)

Chicagoland Expo 2009 AaW:BoB (CH1):

Philly Non-Sport Show 2009 AaW:BoB (PH1):

Non Sport Update magazine promo (PR1)

Philly Non-Sport Show 2010 AaW:BoB tri-fold brochure...

...with a random card inserted into tabs...

...and a giant The Pacific promo inside...

The free promos that come with any box or binder purchase are PH1, CH1, and the AaW:BoB unnumbered promo (2nd from the top).

Comment

I just found the best deal I have seen so far on boxes of America at War - Band of Brothers:

Amazon

Items: $64.95
        Shipping & Handling: $4.49

Total Before Tax: $69.44

Please check the first post of this thread for auto/sketch ratios and product information.

Comment

Actually iCardz (the producer of the America at War cards) is selling the product, for a limited time, at $64.95.

Visit the web site for additional information.
          Randy
          United States Air Force, Retired
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
          balance of life, an individual diagnosed
          with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
            Actually iCardz (the producer of the America at War cards) is selling the product, for a limited time, at $64.95.

Visit the web site for additional information.
            Correct. But, their shipping to the US is quite a bit higher ($11 the last time I looked).

Comment

I love the look of those cards, as well as the subject and would love to pick up a set. Very cool. How awesome would it be to win one of the lapel pins???
              Looking for:

Nolan Ryan
              Peyton Manning
              Chris Weinke
              Chris Webber
              Whitey Ford

Also looking for Derek Jeter and Albert Pujols for tradebait.

Comment

Originally posted by timfsu2k View Post
                I love the look of those cards, as well as the subject and would love to pick up a set. Very cool. How awesome would it be to win one of the lapel pins???
                iCardz definitely should be commended for making this series, as we are losing these great men and women more and more now. Also, they are progressing quickly on the next series, The Pacific which will again have authentic autographs, and, I believe, motion lenticular chases.

Comment

This is a notice that I have updated information on the autograph cards. Forrest Guth and Ed Tipper appear to have not signed their cards for this series, making the total set 7 autographs. Check the first post for more.

Comment

Dick Winters died January 2.

Words fail me...

cnn.com

Comment

Working...
                    X