Autographed Dollar Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autographed Dollar Bill

I bought a lot of cards and found this, among other things.

Its a 1 dollar bill signed by the Treasurer of the US. The bill folded in half and in a toploader.

How much is this worth approx?
    Collecting: Kevin Love, Durant, MJ, Ricky Rubio, Blake Griffin, Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Dwight Howard, Drazen Petrovic, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Scottie Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Shaq

Do you have a scan of the bill?

If so please post it or pm it to me,I would love to see it.

Thanks
    Roy
    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Its at least worth $1. LOL! Im guessing as much as a collector would be willing to pay for it. I dont know if autographs like that is booked anywhere in a price guide.

Comment

Collecting: Kevin Love, Durant, MJ, Ricky Rubio, Blake Griffin, Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Dwight Howard, Drazen Petrovic, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Scottie Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
          Its at least worth $1. LOL! Im guessing as much as a collector would be willing to pay for it. I dont know if autographs like that is booked anywhere in a price guide.
          LOL!

Yeah i dunno either, its a cool autograph though.

Comment

Kerwin the smarta$$

It is a cool piece.

I want to see if I can find any auto's of her to match them up.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...rs6afR_TZvcnlg

A $1 bill with a courtesy autograph can be worth anywhere from $20 to $200 or more. The value depends on several factors:
              1. Face Value. This is fairly obvious. An autographed $100 bill is almost always going to be worth more than an autographed $1 bill. Most courtesy autographs are $1 bills. $2 bills are also relatively popular, considering the scarcity of the denomination.
              2. Condition. Like any other collectible bill, condition is a factor when it comes to value. A courtesy autograph in Fine condition will not be worth as much as an About Uncirculated bill signed by the same person. Similarly, a bill graded by an authority such as CGA will often sell for more simply because those grading services are fairly reputable and experienced, and because they put each bill in a cute plastic holder. (More information on grading currency.)
              3. Who Signed It. Some Secretaries and Treasurers were known to autograph more bills than others. Generally, Treasurers' autographs are more common (and thus less valuable) than Secretaries' autographs. Maybe it's because the women are more outgoing, and therefore more likely to sign autographs than the men? Scour the web to find how common your courtesy autograph is compared to others. (Treasurers Francine I. Neff and Mary Ellen Withrow are among the most frequent signers.)
              4. Double Autographs. A double courtesy autograph, a bill signed by both the Treasurer and the Secretary of the Treasury, is worth more than a bill with just one signature. Double courtesy autographs are generally worth about twice as much as a single autograph. They can go for around $50-300.
              5. Other Factors. A courtesy autograph is usually worth more if it is a star note, an uncommon series or block, an error, or not a Federal Reserve Note, or if it has an interesting serial number. Be sure to take any extra factors such as this into account.

Comment

Working...
              X